Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iowa Caucuses  (Read 6110 times)
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »

Will ABR win?  Santorum is within about 60 votes with 2% of the vote still out.

They just said that Santorum spent about $1 per vote he received, while Romney spent about $113 per vote.  Very similar to last time with Huckabee/Romney.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:24:05 PM by SUPERCOACH » Logged

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »

Now within 41 with a few more votes in.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »

ABR is on top by 5 votes now.  Wow!  That is close.  Not all of the vote is in yet though.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »

Santorum up by 34 votes now.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »

Santorum ahead by 18 now.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »

I think the final was Romney by 8 votes. Paul a distant third.

I am ready to get all the pretenders out of the race so the GOP can start deciding how we can get Obama out of office.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

I thought Santorum was one of the pretenders until recently.  Newt was in good shape just a few weeks ago until the field ganged up on him with the attack ads.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »

I think the final was Romney by 8 votes. Paul a distant third.

I am ready to get all the pretenders out of the race so the GOP can start deciding how we can get Obama out of office.
They act like we have all the time in the world but not so, when it comes to raising money. Angry I keep hoping Cheney jumps in but that may only be a fantasy along with only paying for TV channels you actually watch or a naked fax girl. SIAP

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »

I am not excited about any of these guys.  I think Romney is probably inevitable.  A lot of Republicans don't like him though, so he may not be able to win the general.  I think Newt has the best ideas, but he is probably unelectable in the general too.  If the Republicans can smack him down to 4th place in just a few weeks, imagine what the Democrats could do.  I would not be surprised to see Santorum fade as the race continues.  I think he just happened to peak at the right time for Iowa.  Now he will get some attention from the attack ads and probably go back toward the bottom.  I guess I left off Paul, but do I really need to say anything about that ol' kook?

In summary, this is a weak field and we may be doomed to 4 more years.  Sad Angry

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »

I am not excited about any of these guys.  I think Romney is probably inevitable.  A lot of Republicans don't like him though, so he may not be able to win the general.  I think Newt has the best ideas, but he is probably unelectable in the general too.  If the Republicans can smack him down to 4th place in just a few weeks, imagine what the Democrats could do.  I would not be surprised to see Santorum fade as the race continues.  I think he just happened to peak at the right time for Iowa.  Now he will get some attention from the attack ads and probably go back toward the bottom.  I guess I left off Paul, but do I really need to say anything about that ol' kook?

In summary, this is a weak field and we may be doomed to 4 more years.  Sad Angry
I cannot imagine any Republican voting Obama or even just staying home. Romney's middle positions him better in the general with the independents and the conservative Dems. We may not be excited about him, or whoever for that matter, but the message that this may be the most important election of our lifetime WILL resonate.

You touched on Ron Paul but he could end up a deciding factor if he goes independent.  Angry  It would make me question his patriotism!

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »

I am not excited about any of these guys.  I think Romney is probably inevitable.  A lot of Republicans don't like him though, so he may not be able to win the general.  I think Newt has the best ideas, but he is probably unelectable in the general too.  If the Republicans can smack him down to 4th place in just a few weeks, imagine what the Democrats could do.  I would not be surprised to see Santorum fade as the race continues.  I think he just happened to peak at the right time for Iowa.  Now he will get some attention from the attack ads and probably go back toward the bottom.  I guess I left off Paul, but do I really need to say anything about that ol' kook?

In summary, this is a weak field and we may be doomed to 4 more years.  Sad Angry

I agree with you SC. A very weak field. I don't know much about Santorum but I am trying to find out more. I am hoping he is a good option but only because I don't think the others are strong candidates. Never been a Romney fan. I predicted Newt would get bombed by attack ads.

I want this thing to get down to 2 or 3 and let them tell us how they are going to turn the economy around. I am tired of running campaigns with attack ads while never stating your own positions.

I think Obama will be easy to beat. He is disliked even in his own party. But at the rate we are going we look incompetent. If we are not careful we are going to blow this election.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:27:40 PM by pmull » Logged
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »

I am not excited about any of these guys. I think Romney is probably inevitable.  A lot of Republicans don't like him though, so he may not be able to win the general.  I think Newt has the best ideas, but he is probably unelectable in the general too.  If the Republicans can smack him down to 4th place in just a few weeks, imagine what the Democrats could do.  I would not be surprised to see Santorum fade as the race continues.  I think he just happened to peak at the right time for Iowa.  Now he will get some attention from the attack ads and probably go back toward the bottom.  I guess I left off Paul, but do I really need to say anything about that ol' kook?

I cannot imagine any Republican voting Obama or even just staying home. Romney's middle positions him better in the general with the independents and the conservative Dems. We may not be excited about him, or whoever for that matter, but the message that this may be the most important election of our lifetime WILL resonate.

You touched on Ron Paul but he could end up a deciding factor if he goes independent.  Angry  It would make me question his patriotism!

As much as I dislike Romney, he may be the man of the hour.  His business experience would be great for fixing the economy and deficit, and that is really by far the main issue over the next few years.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why I don't like him.  He just seems like a watered down Republican version of Obama to me.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »

We do not need Paul or Trump or anyone else to run as an independent. That would just steal needed votes from the GOP.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »

I agree with you SC. A very weak field. I don't know much about Santorum but I am trying to find out more. I am hoping he is a good option but only because I don't think the others are strong candidates. Never been a Romney fan. I predicted Newt would get bombed by attack ads.

I want this thing to get down to 2 or 3 and let them tell us how they are going to turn the economy around. I am tired of running campaigns with attack ads while never stating your own positions.

I think Obama will be easy to beat. He is disliked even in his own party. But at the rate we are going we look incompetent. If we are not careful we are going to blow this election.

^^^THIS^^^  Applause E-Cred

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

I am not excited about any of these guys.  I think Romney is probably inevitable.  A lot of Republicans don't like him though, so he may not be able to win the general.  I think Newt has the best ideas, but he is probably unelectable in the general too.  If the Republicans can smack him down to 4th place in just a few weeks, imagine what the Democrats could do.  I would not be surprised to see Santorum fade as the race continues.  I think he just happened to peak at the right time for Iowa.  Now he will get some attention from the attack ads and probably go back toward the bottom.  I guess I left off Paul, but do I really need to say anything about that ol' kook?

In summary, this is a weak field and we may be doomed to 4 more years.  Sad Angry

It was was Senator Santorum from PA. Lost re-election and ran for president twice.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 569
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0