Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
JFK
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »

I saw a show the other day that presented a theory that the fatal head shot actually came from an AR15 that accidentally went off in the Secret Service car behind JFK.  It seemed like a plausible theory that explained a lot of the odd stuff.  For example, there were numerous witnesses at street level that smelled gunpowder.  You would not have smelled gunpowder from the 6th floor of the book depository that was upwind from where the president was shot.  Also, I have always wondered about the way the ammunition behaved.  The one bullet went through JFK, into the governor, and then back into the governors leg without fragmenting.  This was a full metal jacket round designed for warfare so that it goes through the soldier and wounds them, but gives them the opportunity to survive and be removed from the battlefield.  However the bullet used for the head shot was a hollow point round designed to fragment and cause maximum damage/fatality.

It pretty much explained away all of the issues I had with the official story.  The only thing I wonder about now is whether or not the head shot was accidental or intentional.  It seems highly unlikely that an accidental shot would just so happen to hit JFK in the back of the head and blow his head off.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

I have always been fascinated by the JFK assassination. I don't know if we will ever know for 100% positive what happened that day. I have always questioned the shot coming from 6th floor of the book depository. The bullet entry and exit and still hitting Governor Connally in the front seat does not seem likely.

Interesting theory that the shot may have come from a Secret Service car. I don't buy the shot being accidental. Maybe it was an inside job?

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »

I know I am old, because I remember what we was doing on that morning. We were killing hogs and making up the meat for the smoke house. I never believed the shot was from the 6th floor cause Oswald didn't appear to me to be such a sharpshooter with a rifle. I always think that if the shot came from above at a angle it would have Jackie too. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
KoKoPuf
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3504

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »

I never believed the "official" account. There are just too many alarm bells such as Oswald's ability to hit a moving target at a long distance with an inaccurate rifle; Oswald's connection to the Soviet Union; Kennedy's "feud" with the mob; etc.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:43:22 PM »

There is a picture with a Secret Service agent holding the AR15 and several witnesses saw him holding it up.  The fact that there was an AR15 in that vehicle is not disputed.  The agent even testified that he grabbed the gun and held it up to be ready to shoot back.  Some witnesses said they thought the agent did shoot back.  If it was an accident though, it seems like a 1 in a billion accident.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »

Lots of oddball bits of information about the assassination.

But look at that picture (above).  How would an accidental discharge hit the car ahead without going through the windshield, unless the agent were standing?  The windshield was not broken, and it would be unlikely that the agent was standing with the weapon directed forward.

Tinfoil Hat Unless it was no accidental discharge!!  

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

I saw the show, too. A lot of good information. They actually proved that Oswald fired at least one of the shots. They found 3 shell casings at the spot he fired the shots in the Book Depository. One of the shell casings was supposedly a dummy kept in the chamber to keep out dirt and grit. The belief is that he fired two of the three shots.

Where I have trouble, is the fact that at least 11 people saw Agent Hickey with the AR-15, but not one of them saw it fired.

There is no doubt that at least 2 different types of bullets entered Kennedy. Whether it was Hickey, intentionally or unintentionally, or someone else altogether, there is no doubt in my mind that there was a second shooter.

The show aired on "Reelz". If you didn't catch it the first time, they tend to repeat their shows often. Do yourself a favor and watch it.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »

Lots of oddball bits of information about the assassination.

But look at that picture (above).  How would an accidental discharge hit the car ahead without going through the windshield, unless the agent were standing?  The windshield was not broken, and it would be unlikely that the agent was standing with the weapon directed forward.

Tinfoil Hat Unless it was no accidental discharge!!   

He did stand up and look around after the shots were fired.  I believe that you can see him standing in the Zapruder film.  The Bronson film supposedly shows him at the time of the fatal headshot and he clearly is not pointing the gun toward the president.  I watched that film but I honestly couldn't even make out which car had JFK or when the shots occurred.

So it seems there is credible evidence that it wasn't this particular agent.  However the evidence of a second shooter is pretty solid in my opinion.  The entry wound from Oswald's shot was 7mm, the correct size for the 6.5mm full metal jacket round that was ballistically proven to have come from his rifle.  The entry wound in the skull was 6mm and could not have possibly have come from Oswald's rifle.  I did some research last night and determined that an AR15 has about a 5.5mm bullet.

Peewee from Grand Bay
Junior

E-Cred: 1491

Peewee from Grand Bay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »

I remember that day I was 5 years old in Kindergarten. An Adult broke into the Class and told the teacher that The President had just been shot. They sent us home from school and I cried all the way home.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »

I remember that day I was 5 years old in Kindergarten. An Adult broke into the Class and told the teacher that The President had just been shot. They sent us home from school and I cried all the way home.

6th grade for me. They sent us home, too.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 07:47:24 AM »

I went to Dealey Plaza and the Book Repository (aka The Sixth Floor Museum) last year when I was in Dallas for the Michigan game.  Very interesting stuff.  You get a self-guided audio tour through The Sixth Floor Museum; that is, they give you a headset and it guides you around to all the exhibits.  I'd love to go back when it's less crowded (tons of game day folks were there) when I could spend more time at the forensics/physics stations.  The area/window where Oswald took the shots is sealed off in a "glass room" in the same configuration (boxes piled around and such) as it was the day of the shooting.

A couple things I was suprised about - they have X's on the street marking the spots where President Kennedy was shot.  Seemed a little morbid.  The other thing...the shot wasn't nearly as far as I expected and the way the street snakes around just before that point meant that the car was going VERY slow.  It was the perfect spot to execute the shooting.

Oh, and Jackie's audio (that you hear on the museum tape) said, "They've shot Jack; they've shot Jack!"....the way she said it strikes me that she had specific folks in mind who were "they."
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

6th grade for me. They sent us home, too.

1st grade. They sent us home too.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

You guys are young; junior high for me.
They didn't send us home. 
I got in a fight on the bus that afternoon: 1 punch, I won.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »

You guys are young; junior high for me.
They didn't send us home. 
I got in a fight on the bus that afternoon: 1 punch, I won.

Was the fight JFK related?  Somebody being disrespectful?

I wasn't born yet.  Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0