Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Tyson is a vegetarian now...very fit..I think it's worth a try..not easy  (Read 16978 times)
Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

E-Cred: 173

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

Have a e-cred just because you don't have very many.

A pity cred?!  Pity cred?!

Ok...I don't turn down nothin' free 'cept my collar.
Did not mean to offend. Just thought you were getting the short end of the e-cred stick.

No offense taken; I was just joking around.  I got during a lull on new member e-cred givings-out (hint, hint Supercoach).  Plus I think I lost a few from the WA crowd in the infamous Trouble thread.

Either that or I'm just fooling myself and am not a cred-worthy poster.   Huh?

I just gave you an e-credit Hannibal and will every chance I get to catch you up.  Also, the Coach says he gives all newcomers 25 credits...so remind him.

I don't know how he keeps up with it.  It would be O.K. with me if our posts counted as e-credits....or if there were no e-credits at all.   Cheesy  But whatever Coach thinks is best for the forum.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »

No offense taken; I was just joking around.  I got during a lull on new member e-cred givings-out (hint, hint Supercoach).  Plus I think I lost a few from the WA crowd in the infamous Trouble thread.

Either that or I'm just fooling myself and am not a cred-worthy poster.   Huh?

I just gave you an e-credit Hannibal and will every chance I get to catch you up.  Also, the Coach says he gives all newcomers 25 credits...so remind him.

I don't know how he keeps up with it.  It would be O.K. with me if our posts counted as e-credits....or if there were no e-credits at all.   Cheesy  But whatever Coach thinks is best for the forum.

He was giving +5 to the mens and +10 to the womens when I joined.  In all honesty, I don't care what my e-cred "score" is, but thank you for the kind gesture all the same.
Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

E-Cred: 173

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »

You are very welcome.  Grin

He'll be reading this thread before long, and you'll probably get a bunch.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

You are very welcome.  Grin

He'll be reading this thread before long, and you'll probably get a bunch.

Oh, and btw, I was invited to this forum by both you and ssmith general.  I thank you both, but wasn't sure if either of you got your referral bonuses.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »

My whole problem is that I really need to eat better and shed probably a good 30-40 pounds, but I am just so stuck in my ways. I have eaten like I do all of my life (lots of meat, few vegetable, almost zero fruit, and WAY to many sodas and sugary snacks). How on earth do you start to eat better when you frankly don't like many of the things you are supposed to eat? And I know many people will say will power, but that is not something I was born with.

It's a choice. But, yes it has to be done a little at a time. YOU have to take responsibility. This is what worked FOR ME, ( might or might not work for you). I waited a long time in life, before becoming a father. ( I am a 44 year old with a 5 year old son). I looked him one day,w hile he was still an infant and decided that I want to be there when he gets his diploma, and maybe even be there as on option when he picks his best man, for his wedding. At the time, I ate anything, as long as it was fried. I'd kill 3-6 Mt. Dews a day. And I was also a chain smoking barfly. Now, don't get me wrong, I still "slip" everyonce in a while. Ain't nothing finer than a fried grouper sammich, with extra (homemade) tartar. And there are some fellow tide fans who will attest to my love of beer, and rum...and jager! But when I slip, I have to assume responsibility for myself.
 It's a YOUR choice bruh...no one can make it but you.

No argument from me on that one, rueben. I completely agree that I have to choose to do this. I am 36 right now, and I really can't afford to wait to many more years before I just get my butt in gear, lay off the sweets, eat a veggie or two, and start doing more exercise than lifting the remote control. Thanks for the pep talk. Applause E-Cred

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1977

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 08:43:02 AM »

And right on cue, (or is it que? I never can figure that one out.) last night was a tough one.  Wife has the crud, son was acting like a ninny, nothing on T.V. and I knew that soon I'd be spending 48 hours at the FD. I have not been up to the pub in a while, I miss my friends form there, and I just finished a book, that I promised to give to a buddy of mine who works there. I slowly had to wait things out, until it was barely late enough to go to bed early. By doing that I was able to wake early, make a pot of coffee, grab a quick "wake up" shower, and then head out the door for a quick run before duty this morning. If I had gone to the pub, I would have slept 'til the last possible second, grab a shower and head off to duty, doing the least amount of anything possible. I would have also spent the rest of the day kicking myself in the butt for setting myself back on some personal goals I have set for myself. Kinda like a line I heard in an old western one time, that has really stuck with me (paraphrasing), " ...my Saturday gluttony... causing my Sunday sloth..."  meaning, what I do today has a direct effect ( or is it affect? There's another one I can't ever get right.) on how I perform tomorrow. 
  When I first got out of the Coast Guard I went to work for New Orleans EMS, they stuck me with a well seasoned paramedic partner. Since I was young and single, i took advantage of living in "the city of sin."  We were wroking a noon to midnight swing-shift, I'd come in a little hung over and that 6' 5" 250 lb black Mounatin I had for a partner would tell me " Bone, you can't stand on your D!(& all night and your feet all day!" Truer words were never spoken!
   Roll Tide and I hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend!!! Remember He died so that you might live!!!

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »

Sorry for being late to this thread, but I have a lot of catching up to do.  CP pointed out the e-cred oversight to me in another thread yesterday and I gave you +25 Hannibal.

I think I am going to set up a welcoming committee.  Then give anybody on that committee permission to hand out the +25 and send in the welcome wagon.  I'm still thinking about better ways to handle this.  I thought about just automatically doing it through software on the first post, but that wouldn't be good when trouble comes along and signs up just to bash us.

Now back on topic (almost):  I am almost a vegetarian.  I only eat animals that are vegetarian.  I think that makes me a vegetarian twice removed or something like that.  Does that count?  Cheesy

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1977

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

You're farther along than I. I still eat fish, that eat other fish...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 559
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0