Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duron Carter commits to Alabama  (Read 7839 times)
MDB Tide Roll
Grad Student

E-Cred: 280

Female

MDB Tide Roll

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »

It's a premium link, sorry

Junior college transfer Duron Carter commits to Alabama.

Click here for link

Edit to add quote I just found from his father.

"We just met with Coach [Nick] Saban and he's committed," Cris Carter said. "It's a combination of the coaching and the structure and for Duron's maturity. All of those things make it a good match."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:17:09 PM by MDB Tide Roll » Logged

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"   Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I want everybody here to know this is not the end.  This is the beginning."  Nick Saban 1/16/10
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »

RTR. Immediate impact. JJ type physique.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »

RTR!  Cheesy

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
che boludo
Junior

E-Cred: 374

che boludo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »

Great news. 

He'll have his work cut out for him with the depth at WR we have, but he obviously has the talent to excel for us.  He and Bowman on the field together will no doubt cause some match-up issues, especially in the red zone. 

Hopefully, his classroom struggles will remain a thing of the past and he'll make the most of this opportunity.

Glad to see him Roll the Tide and look forward to him contributing this year and next.

RTR!!!
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:11:58 PM »

Now that he is away from the "buying hookers/lying to the NCAA" types he'll be fine and have the opportunity to grow as a player and individual.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »

welcome  Mr. Carter , glad to have you at the Capstone  Cool

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »

Great news but somebody needs to do a count of all the schollys we've given.  CNS will figure it out but lots of stuff to work out.
rknight4tide
Sophomore

E-Cred: 38

Male

rknight4tide

United We Stand

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »

Roll with the Tide Mr. Carter!        Applause E-Cred
che boludo
Junior

che boludo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »

Great news but somebody needs to do a count of all the schollys we've given.  CNS will figure it out but lots of stuff to work out.

Shocked  Oh crap, I wish you would have let the staff know that there are potential scholly issues before this happened.

Sorry, but you sound like one of the oversigning.com crowd.

CNS knows what the numbers and scenarios are for the 2013 class.  The acquisition of D. Carter was worked out well before any formal conversation happened with him.

CNS keeps his scholly info close to the vest as it provides a tactical advantage.  He knows how to manage a roster and I won't spit in face for doing it so well.

He has signed A LOT of athletes over his career and none that he signed have ever come out to speak against him, his process, or his recruiting/personnel management style.  To me, that equals a non-issue.

The entire scenario has been purported by a single report from a disgruntled Shula recruit who was "not fit for duty."  But, CNS found him a way to finish school instead of simply sending him home.  The wall street journal article added two more athletes to the story but neither could generate any direct quotes that spoke ill of CNS or his practices.  Instead the story was crafted around a single report to meet the author's agenda.  Then the Big 10-based media clowns took the story and ran with it.

Fact is there is nothing there and nothing to look at.  Other coaches are simply upset that they don't have the pull to go into recruit's homes and tell them the truth (you may need to RS or gray shirt depending on these variables, a scholly is a one year deal that you have to maintain, etc.).  Few other coaches could be so honest with recruits to help manage their expectations and still hope to see them their program lead the recruiting charts.
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »

Duron Carter to transfer to Alabama
By Joe Schad
ESPN
Archive

Former Ohio State wide receiver Duron Carter committed to transfer to Alabama on Saturday, his father, Cris Carter, said.

"We just met with Coach [Nick] Saban and he's committed," Cris Carter said. "It's a combination of the coaching and the structure and for Duron's maturity. All of those things make it a good match."

Cris Carter said Duron, who played at Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College last season after leaving Ohio State, plans to enroll at Alabama in June and will be academically eligible to play immediately.

Duron Carter, 6-feet-5, 210 pounds, had 44 catches for 690 yards and 10 touchdowns for Coffeyville.

"I want to win a national championship," Duron Carter said. "I believe in what Coach Saban and the players are doing. This is a great program."

Carter said he also considered Oregon, LSU, Miami and Auburn.

Alabama has a need at wide receiver, particularly with the departure of Julio Jones to the NFL.

Duron Carter began his career at Ohio State, like his father, and caught a touchdown as a freshman but left because of academic issues.

Cris Carter, now an ESPN NFL analyst, had a 16-year NFL career and finished as the league's second all-time leading receiver with 1,101 receptions for 13,899 yards and 130 touchdowns, which also ranks second-most in NFL history.

Click here for link ... FHeadlines

HUUGE HUGE HUGE MAJOR COMMITMENT!!!! This means Bama fills our needs at EVERY position with a JuCo MONSTER. He will START next year at WR & fill Julio's void rather nicely!!No fear the numbers will work. TRUST CNS!!!
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »

WHOO HOOO!!! RTR!!!! Welcome to the Capstone, Duron. And if your dad wants to come and coach WRs, that is OK, too! I believe we were already going to have a very good receiving corps (Julio made it great), but now we have the potential to have a great receiving corps. With Carter and Bowman causing size mismatches, plus the experience and speed of Maze and Hanks, this corps has the potential to be one of the best ever at UA.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
che boludo
Junior

che boludo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »

He has a lot of work to do in order to crack the stating lineup this year.  He is a talent for sure, but we have lots of talent at WR.

If he was already enrolled for the full spring, I could see him making a push to start.  But, he'll have to make the most out of the summer and fall practices to have a legit shot at starting as Hanks, Maze, Bowman, and many others may have something to say about that.

However, his presence in the red zone potentially working alongside Bowman and Big Mike Williams at TE would be dominating as defenses will have to account for all three of their big bodies plus our many other weapons every down.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »

He has a lot of work to do in order to crack the stating lineup this year.  He is a talent for sure, but we have lots of talent at WR.

If he was already enrolled for the full spring, I could see him making a push to start.  But, he'll have to make the most out of the summer and fall practices to have a legit shot at starting as Hanks, Maze, Bowman, and many others may have something to say about that.

However, his presence in the red zone potentially working alongside Bowman and Big Mike Williams at TE would be dominating as defenses will have to account for all three of their big bodies plus our many other weapons every down.

Hey che

Even if he doesn't start, with Duron now in the mix, plus the talented freshmen that are coming in, do you remember UA ever having this much talent (potential or otherwise) at WR before at one time?

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
che boludo
Junior

che boludo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »

Hey che

Even if he doesn't start, with Duron now in the mix, plus the talented freshmen that are coming in, do you remember UA ever having this much talent (potential or otherwise) at WR before at one time?

I can't ever remember them having this much POTENTIAL talent at every position (two deep or more at most positions)...EVER.

If that potential realizes itself in a team effort.  We are in for a very dominant year.

Like I said, I'd be surprised to see Carter gain enough ground to start at the beginning of the year, but I'm imagining a very dominant red zone package that includes Michael Bowman and Carter split wide at WR with big Mike Williams at TE and with MFBATR lined up in the I behind Fowler at FB.

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »

Welcome Mr. Carter.

Hopefully he'll become a star both on and off the field.  This may be a dominant year for the offense AND the defense.  Never remember thinking that before.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 408
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0