Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 3909   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12616876 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »

Okay, here we go.

The guy whose table was next to mine at the gun show walked up to introduce himself this morning; he was wearing an Alabama cap.  I shook his hand, gave a "Roll Tide", and he smiled.  I told him I was an Alabama graduate, and he started asking about when and whether I met Coach Bryant.  I knew it'd be a good day.  

We chatted for a few minutes, then he said, "Ever heard of Junior Davis?"  I admitted it didn't sound familiar.  Then he said, "Sit down a minute," and he told me a story.

He went hunting last year with his neighbor (from Memphis).  They drove to the dove field, in Alabama, where they met some other hunters.  He was introduced to a fellow in his 60s.  
"Say hello to Junior Davis", his neighbor said.  Over the next few hours they had a great time talking Alabama football.

Junior Davis played at Alabama during the middle 1960s, with Kenny Stabler, Billy Scroggins, Mike Ford, Mike Hall, etc.  It was the glory days.  
Get this.  Junior Davis was a tackle: 6'2" and 215 pounds  Shocked(as a senior in 1968).

They had a great time, then exchanged business cards.  In a few days my friend said he received a package from Junior.  It was an envelope with a print of Coach Bryant, apparently signed by him during ~1982.  He said the autographed prints were kept from the public for years, because the Bryant family wasn't happy with the likeness.  Finally Paul Junior released them a while back.

My friend said there were numerous autographs on his print, including many players from the old Alabama teams, and one he couldn't make out.  He showed it to his wife.  "That's Nick Saban," she said, smacking him on the forehead. Tongue  Indeed it was.

My friend said he had it framed, and it's in his den.  He beamed as he told me about it.

Not a bad day of Alabama football for Southaven, MS, huh?  Well?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:33:14 PM by Chechem » Logged

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:47 PM »

Okay, here we go.

The guy whose table was next to mine at the gun show walked up to introduce himself this morning; he was wearing an Alabama cap.  I shook his hand, gave a "Roll Tide", and he smiled.  I told him I was an Alabama graduate, and he started asking about when and whether I met Coach Bryant.  I knew it'd be a good day. 

We chatted for a few minutes, then he said, "Ever heard of Junior Davis?"  I admitted it didn't sound familiar.  Then he said, "Sit down a minute," and he told me a story.

He went hunting last year with his neighbor (from Memphis).  They drove to the dove field, in Alabama where they met some other hunters.  He was introduced to a fellow in his 60s. 
"Say hello to Junior Davis", his neighbor said.  Over the next few hours they had a great time talking Alabama football.

Junior Davis played at Alabama during the middle 1960s, with Kenny Stabler, Billy Scroggins, Mike Ford, Mike Hall, etc.  It was the glory days. 
Get this.  Junior Davis was a tackle: 6'2" and 215 pounds  Shocked(as a senior in 1968).

They had a great time, then exchanged business cards.  In a few days my friend said he received a package from Junior.  It was an envelope with a print of Coach Bryant, apparently signed by him during ~1982.  He said the autographed prints were kept from the public for years, because the Bryant family wasn't happy with the likeness.  Finally Paul Junior released them a while back.

My friend said there were numerous autographs on his print, including many players from the old Alabama teams, and one he couldn't make out.  He showed it to his wife.  "That's Nick Saban," she said, smacking him on the forehead. Tongue  Indeed it was.

My friend said he had it framed, and it's in his den.  He beamed as he told me about it.

Not a bad day of Alabama football for Southaven, MS, huh?  Well?

Wow, no telling what he could get for it. 

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »

Okay, here we go.

The guy whose table was next to mine at the gun show walked up to introduce himself this morning; he was wearing an Alabama cap.  I shook his hand, gave a "Roll Tide", and he smiled.  I told him I was an Alabama graduate, and he started asking about when and whether I met Coach Bryant.  I knew it'd be a good day. 

We chatted for a few minutes, then he said, "Ever heard of Junior Davis?"  I admitted it didn't sound familiar.  Then he said, "Sit down a minute," and he told me a story.

He went hunting last year with his neighbor (from Memphis).  They drove to the dove field, in Alabama where they met some other hunters.  He was introduced to a fellow in his 60s. 
"Say hello to Junior Davis", his neighbor said.  Over the next few hours they had a great time talking Alabama football.

Junior Davis played at Alabama during the middle 1960s, with Kenny Stabler, Billy Scroggins, Mike Ford, Mike Hall, etc.  It was the glory days. 
Get this.  Junior Davis was a tackle: 6'2" and 215 pounds  Shocked(as a senior in 1968).

They had a great time, then exchanged business cards.  In a few days my friend said he received a package from Junior.  It was an envelope with a print of Coach Bryant, apparently signed by him during ~1982.  He said the autographed prints were kept from the public for years, because the Bryant family wasn't happy with the likeness.  Finally Paul Junior released them a while back.

My friend said there were numerous autographs on his print, including many players from the old Alabama teams, and one he couldn't make out.  He showed it to his wife.  "That's Nick Saban," she said, smacking him on the forehead. Tongue  Indeed it was.

My friend said he had it framed, and it's in his den.  He beamed as he told me about it.

Not a bad day of Alabama football for Southaven, MS, huh?  Well?

Grin Except he'll never let go of it.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

I see why he couldn't read it now.

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »

that's what I was thinking .... "Not For Sale"

man some guys have all the luck , go to a knife show and shazam  , BAMA greatness .

thanks for sharing  Cool

on a side note ....
the baseball team won the SEC Championship in '68'   Grin
and BAMA beat So. Miss at Ladd Stadium in Mobile 17-14 just for me  Cool   Cheesy

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »

that's what I was thinking .... "Not For Sale"

man some guys have all the luck , go to a knife show and shazam  , BAMA greatness .

thanks for sharing  Cool

on a side note ....
the baseball team won the SEC Championship in '68'   Grin
and BAMA beat So. Miss at Ladd Stadium in Mobile 17-14 just for me  Cool   Cheesy

Saw you were from Mobile (wasn't that in this thread from earlier today?).  Were you at that game?  
I went to the Bama-Aub in B'ham in 1968.  Big Bama win.

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

"HELLO ALL. I'M BACK FROM THE GUN SHOW."And I hear the UGA Bulldogs were crushed by our Alabama Crimson Tide.

I have a good story for you, but it must wait until after supper.  It concerns the 1968 Alabama team and Coach Bryant.  More later...

This gun show???

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »

This gun show???

Negatory, cb.

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »

yes I was , just started high school and got a invite to go
38,000 people were there and man that seemed like a humongous crowd back then .
I thought it was  the Super Bowl  Wink
I thought I  would die when the Tide stopped coming to Mobile to play  Shocked
now there are over 38,000 outside of Bryant Denny during a game seems like

boy was I young and dumb   Cry

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »

Okay, here we go.

The guy whose table was next to mine at the gun show walked up to introduce himself this morning; he was wearing an Alabama cap.  I shook his hand, gave a "Roll Tide", and he smiled.  I told him I was an Alabama graduate, and he started asking about when and whether I met Coach Bryant.  I knew it'd be a good day.  

We chatted for a few minutes, then he said, "Ever heard of Junior Davis?"  I admitted it didn't sound familiar.  Then he said, "Sit down a minute," and he told me a story.

He went hunting last year with his neighbor (from Memphis).  They drove to the dove field, in Alabama where they met some other hunters.  He was introduced to a fellow in his 60s.  
"Say hello to Junior Davis", his neighbor said.  Over the next few hours they had a great time talking Alabama football.

Junior Davis played at Alabama during the middle 1960s, with Kenny Stabler, Billy Scroggins, Mike Ford, Mike Hall, etc.  It was the glory days.  
Get this.  Junior Davis was a tackle: 6'2" and 215 pounds  Shocked(as a senior in 1968).

They had a great time, then exchanged business cards.  In a few days my friend said he received a package from Junior.  It was an envelope with a print of Coach Bryant, apparently signed by him during ~1982.  He said the autographed prints were kept from the public for years, because the Bryant family wasn't happy with the likeness.  Finally Paul Junior released them a while back.

My friend said there were numerous autographs on his print, including many players from the old Alabama teams, and one he couldn't make out.  He showed it to his wife.  "That's Nick Saban," she said, smacking him on the forehead. Tongue  Indeed it was.

My friend said he had it framed, and it's in his den.  He beamed as he told me about it.

Are you sure?  I will give him 10 million E-Cred.  Smiley

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »

This gun show???

Negatory, cb.

Sorry bro, couldn't resist.  Grin

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »

Okay, here we go.

He went hunting last year with his neighbor (from Memphis).  They drove to the dove field, in Alabama where they met some other hunters.  He was introduced to a fellow in his 60s.  

Are you sure?  I will give him 10 million E-Cred.  Smiley

Well, SC.... I could ask him......but I'm not sure you should spend the entire e-cred bank on autographs......because then we'd have nothing left as rewards for our contributions to your forum, right? Cry

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »

spend the entire e-cred bank on autographs

go for it Coach !   Wink

Yellow Pup
Grad Student

E-Cred: 388

Male

Yellow Pup

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »

This is for you Cat, for just 10 Cred points      Kiss

"You got to do more than just live in the country to be a Farmer.”
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »

This is for you Cat, for just 10 Cred points      Kiss

Thanks.  At least it was worth one for you (chi-ching). 
I don't have the repetitive power of e-cred delivery, so you must wait 9 more hours.  Meanwhile, put it in the mail to me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 3909   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 581
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0