Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Basketball In-game LSU vs Alabama***  (Read 21541 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »

I watched Levi Randolph play several times when he was in high school at Bob Jones. He has a nice shot. Once he gets comfortable he will become a guy that you can count on 10-12 points every night out, sometimes more. Lacey has gotten comfortable quicker than Randolph but both of these guys will be real good players for us.
I want to pay closer attention to his shot mechanics Saturday. I noticed him shooting one in almost two hand set shot form rather than his shooting hand at eye level with a wrist follow through to the goal. It may have been the last shoot he took so I'll watch next time. It seems I've studied his play/shooting in other games and "silk" comes to mind.

I've noticed him a few times lean his body to the right when he jumps to shoot rather than squaring up and jumping straight up. Not everytime though, this young man is a diamond in the rough.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »

I watched Levi Randolph play several times when he was in high school at Bob Jones. He has a nice shot. Once he gets comfortable he will become a guy that you can count on 10-12 points every night out, sometimes more. Lacey has gotten comfortable quicker than Randolph but both of these guys will be real good players for us.
I want to pay closer attention to his shot mechanics Saturday. I noticed him shooting one in almost two hand set shot form rather than his shooting hand at eye level with a wrist follow through to the goal. It may have been the last shoot he took so I'll watch next time. It seems I've studied his play/shooting in other games and "silk" comes to mind.

I've noticed him a few times lean his body to the right when he jumps to shoot rather than squaring up and jumping straight up. Not everytime though, this young man is a diamond in the rough.

What I have noticed is he needs some room to put up his shot. He will not shoot with a hand in his face. I argee with Jamos that he is a diamond in the rough. He has the defensive skills already. He will be remembered as a pure shooter when he leaves Alabama.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

What I have noticed is he needs some room to put up his shot. He will not shoot with a hand in his face. I argee with Jamos that he is a diamond in the rough. He has the defensive skills already. He will be remembered as a pure shooter when he leaves Alabama.

I think the reason he is leaning is exactly what you said, he doesn't like the hand in his face and is trying to shoot around the defender rather than over him.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:52 AM »

I think the reason he is leaning is exactly what you said, he doesn't like the hand in his face and is trying to shoot around the defender rather than over him.
I'd have to go with you fellas, especially Jamos since he sees his nonverbal clues in person more often. But maybe the hand in his face isn't it as much as being a freshman and feeling out how much leeway he has to shoot. I think he may be hesitant to pull the trigger, and again, I say hesitant with JG in the game. Too big a deal?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »

All shooters are better when it is natural. A pure shooter catches the ball and immediately pulls the trigger. Randolph looks tentative. He looks to pass first. Once he looks around and then takes a shot he is out of rhythm. A good example of the catch and shoot was the 3 pointer Randolph made right at the half with time running out in the LSU game. In the Ga Tech game CAG knew JG would not play. I think he told the young guys we need your help scoring tonight with JG out of the game. Randolph and Lacey both came out shooting and had good nights. Lacey is comfortable with his shot now and not afraid to shoot. Randolph still has a little way to go but he will get there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 413
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0