Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the "Bavo!" Emoticon bug anyone else?  (Read 21384 times)
jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 09:10:44 AM »

I feel ok sending them to my wife in a text, but to other dudes, or a message board, makes me feel unmanly.
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:38 AM »

I feel ok sending them to my wife in a text, but to other dudes, or a message board, makes me feel unmanly.
Yeah, it kinda has the ghey.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »

Click here for link

The Art of Manliness - Reviving the Lost Art of Manilness

Today's subject: How to Throw a Tomahawk Like a Mountain Man

It was the ambition of the boys to be able to throw a tomahawk with the skill and accuracy of our pioneer forebears, and the ability soon acquired by the boys in throwing hatchets at targets was really remarkable. They would come up to within thirty feet of an old board fence with a whoop and a yell, then “click! click! click!” would go the hatchets, each and every one sticking fast in the board, either in a true vertical or horizontal line as it pleased them. Ever since those glorious days of my boyhood in Kentucky it has seemed to me that throwing the tomahawk should be one of the regular feats at all American athletic meets. -Daniel Beard, 1909

You’ve probably seen it in countless movies. A mountain man or Indian takes a man down by hurling a tomahawk through the air and sticking it into his enemy’s back. If you’re going to strike a man down, I can’t think of a more badass way to do it than with a tomahawk.

But contrary to popular belief, Native Americans and mountain men rarely threw their tomahawks, or ‘hawks, during battle. A tomahawk was one of their best hand-to-hand weapons, good for both offensive and defensive moves.  Throwing a tomahawk to kill an enemy, while certainly very cool looking, put considerable distance between the thrower and his very best weapon. Even if a mountain man or Indian warrior killed his target, he was pretty much defenseless while he scurried to retrieve his hawk from his victim’s body.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »

So what you are saying is you want a smiley face throwing a tomahawk?  Undecided

Also, don't forget about these manly ones, safe for men of all ages: Do you feel lucky punk Go ahead, make my day

Now this one definitely has the ghey:  As you wish  What was I thinking?  I guess I just picked it because I liked the movie.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:05 AM »

So what you are saying is you want a smiley face throwing a tomahawk?  Undecided

Also, don't forget about these manly ones, safe for men of all ages: Do you feel lucky punk Go ahead, make my day

Now this one definitely has the ghey:  As you wish  What was I thinking?  I guess I just picked it because I liked the movie.

You guys worry me if emoticons challenge your manliness.

We need these, SC:

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 09:39:54 AM »

I am planning to make a custom set some day with ALL the ones we need.  But I just have bigger fish to fry at the moment.  If I could find a matching set that had all of them I would install it and that would be the end of it.  But it seems like they are all missing 1 or 2, and I would like to have a matching set.

I guess for now I will put aside the matching set requirement and just make sure we have something in place for all of the ones that people want.  I can change the artwork later if I ever get time to build a matching set myself.

So, post the ones you want in here and I will add them.  I will add those 2 Chech.  We need to find a decent eye roll one too and a dead horse.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »

:dunno: =

:clap: =

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »

:popcorn2: =

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »

I am planning to make a custom set some day with ALL the ones we need.  But I just have bigger fish to fry at the moment.  If I could find a matching set that had all of them I would install it and that would be the end of it.  But it seems like they are all missing 1 or 2, and I would like to have a matching set.

I guess for now I will put aside the matching set requirement and just make sure we have something in place for all of the ones that people want.  I can change the artwork later if I ever get time to build a matching set myself.

So, post the ones you want in here and I will add them.  I will add those 2 Chech.  We need to find a decent eye roll one too and a dead horse.

Look earlier in this thread where I responded to Marshal Dillon. "Rolling eyes" and "beating dead horse" are there.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »

I found a cool dead horse one:

:deadhorse: =

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »

So what you are saying is you want a smiley face throwing a tomahawk?  Undecided

Now this one definitely has the ghey:  As you wish  What was I thinking?  I guess I just picked it because I liked the movie.

I want a smiley face with a tomahawk stuck in his head. Also want a smiley face with gun shot to forehead.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »

Look earlier in this thread where I responded to Marshal Dillon. "Rolling eyes" and "beating dead horse" are there.

Thanks.  The eye roll is kind of big, and the other one doesn't show up for me.  I guess it must be the dead horse.

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »

Huh?  Are all of the emoticons under "more" just simple :texts: instead of emoticon graphics?  If so, I say delete them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:06:38 AM by Chechem » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »

Huh?  Are all of the emoticons under "more" just simple :texts: instead of emoticon graphics?  If so, I say delete them.

No, that text is the shortcut you can type into your post to show the emoticon.  That way you don't have to go to the more screen.  Also the Quick Reply does not have any smiley buttons.  If you know the code you can just type it in.  So you literally would type :dunno: into your post where you want the smiley to show up.

NOTE:  I used a special code in my post so that it shows you the actual short cut text instead of the smiley.

JodyBaker22
Junior

E-Cred: 78

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »

Is it the image or the whole "bravo" concept?
It's the image... the concept is great!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 402
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0