Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game notes: OM vs Bama  (Read 21600 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »

Thanks, Coach. Great analysis, as usual. I would like to add just a couple more observations, if I may.

One good thing about being at the game, you can see the whole field. Bama receivers were covered extremely well, downfield, by OM defenders. That's why you saw AJ completing a lot of short and underneath passes. I've never seen an OM team with that kind of quickness. What I saw last night was a Bama team that ended up dominating a very talented OM team. The OL grew up in the 2nd half. Robert Nkmjhgbjhg terrorized us in the first half. He is everything people thought he would be.

How about Eddie Jackson?!!! What a performance. I agree with others on the forum, he has the potential to be better than Dee M. He was exciting to watch last night. In fact, it was a pleasure watching the entire "D" at work last night. I can't say enough about how good they played.

The last thing I would mention, is how great the crowd was. Nobody was sitting on their hands, BDS was rocking! Even the student section didn't completely bail out as bad as they normally do. 

It was a great night for the team and us fans.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 2824

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »

Thanks, Coach. Great analysis, as usual. I would like to add just a couple more observations, if I may.

One good thing about being at the game, you can see the whole field. Bama receivers were covered extremely well, downfield, by OM defenders. That's why you saw AJ completing a lot of short and underneath passes. I've never seen an OM team with that kind of quickness. What I saw last night was a Bama team that ended up dominating a very talented OM team. The OL grew up in the 2nd half. Robert Nkmjhgbjhg terrorized us in the first half. He is everything people thought he would be.

How about Eddie Jackson?!!! What a performance. I agree with others on the forum, he has the potential to be better than Dee M. He was exciting to watch last night. In fact, it was a pleasure watching the entire "D" at work last night. I can't say enough about how good they played.

The last thing I would mention, is how great the crowd was. Nobody was sitting on their hands, BDS was rocking! Even the student section didn't completely bail out as bad as they normally do. 

It was a great night for the team and us fans.

Those are very good observations.  I always wonder about coverages and routes because you can see them all on tv.  It did seem to be very noisy and I am glad most of the crowd stayed to the end.  I don't remember how many plays OM average a game, but Bama kept them way under. 
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »

I forgot to mention, OM receivers are NOT as good as A&M's and Mr. Wallace is no Johnny Manziel.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »

Did anyone else see after the first drive and Bama kicked the field goal?   One 3rd down when AJ checked down, after the play it showed Saban and it looks like he was disgusted and mouthed he was wide open.  Did AJ miss seeing a wide open rec that would have been a first down or even a td?
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

I thought the OL played better with Lindsey in the game after Kelly got injured. I am not sure if we had just worn OM down or if Lindsey just made a big difference.  Jamos and I discussed this in another thread and he said OM was jumping AJ's snap count and he adjusted and changed it up in the 2nd half and that slowed OM down.

I also noticed Steen moved to LG beside CK on a couple of 3rd and short which worked out good.

Beleu and Jackson both played well on the corners. Jackson was a pleasant surprise. He is a good looking freshman. I am not ready to say he looked as good as Milliner yet like some have said but he looked very good.
bama87
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2132

Male

bama87

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

Great job Coach. I think the Oline will be better with Lindsay in there. He was more animated  with the line calls. He seemed to take charge.
With more time AJ was able to find receivers. The biggest thing I noticed was DB Eddie Jackson. He may be the missing link to the secondary issues. He did a great job last night.
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »

I thought the OL played better with Lindsey in the game after Kelly got injured. I am not sure if we had just worn OM down or if Lindsey just made a big difference.  Jamos and I discussed this in another thread and he said OM was jumping AJ's snap count and he adjusted and changed it up in the 2nd half and that slowed OM down.

I also noticed Steen moved to LG beside CK on a couple of 3rd and short which worked out good.

Beleu and Jackson both played well on the corners. Jackson was a pleasant surprise. He is a good looking freshman. I am not ready to say he looked as good as Milliner yet like some have said but he looked very good.

They moved AS over when they went unbalanced.  The TE lined up in the tackle position on the other side.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »

Good job breaking down the game Coach. I am a firm believer in that defense wins National Championships. It's been a long time since I saw a Bama defense shut down a team in 4th down situations the way that they did yesterday. This to me was the game changer for Bama. Everyone has been talking about this years team and it's identity, I think we saw it yesterday. If this team is to win another NC this year, it will follow the lead of the defense and I think that as the offense improves this will only make the defense better. This team, as a whole, grew up a lot yesterday, even with all of the negative plays and I think there a better days ahead for them.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »

Good job breaking down the game Coach. I am a firm believer in that defense wins National Championships. It's been a long time since I saw a Bama defense shut down a team in 4th down situations the way that they did yesterday. This to me was the game changer for Bama. Everyone has been talking about this years team and it's identity, I think we saw it yesterday. If this team is to win another NC this year, it will follow the lead of the defense and I think that as the offense improves this will only make the defense better. This team, as a whole, grew up a lot yesterday, even with all of the negative plays and I think there a better days ahead for them.

I agree they grew up a lot.  It is amazing how much difference a week makes, plus a QB who is not as mobile as JM.  Hopefully the O will continue to improve.  They have too many weapons not to be effective.
lstephen
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 83

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »

Thanks, coach.  Great notes!  Any ideas as to why JF played so little?  I only saw him on the field once.  Situational, injury, or just Drake has moved ahead?  I'm tempted to say that he needs to move ahead of Vogler.  Not to pile on!   Applause E-Cred
hscoach
Coach Xen Scott

hscoach

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »

Thanks, coach.  Great notes!  Any ideas as to why JF played so little?  I only saw him on the field once.  Situational, injury, or just Drake has moved ahead?  I'm tempted to say that he needs to move ahead of Vogler.  Not to pile on!   Applause E-Cred

He played a few downs and was used more as a blocker.  The only thing I can guess is Drake had a good week and is a bigger threat to take it to the house.  That one move he made on the sideline put the poor OM defender on his knees.  Fortunately the guy had the sideline to help him.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 05:42:31 AM »

... Any ideas as to why JF played so little?  I only saw him on the field once.  Situational, injury, or just Drake has moved ahead?  I'm tempted to say that he needs to move ahead of Vogler.  Not to pile on!   
....The only thing I can guess is Drake had a good week and is a bigger threat to take it to the house.  ....

The real reason Fowler played little:
Because I predicted he'd carry the ball on the first play. 
Click here for link

jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 08:26:47 AM »

"RB:  They ran hard and made positive yardage most of the time.   Both Drake and Yeldon hit the hole hard.  They also displayed good vision and toughness"

Good breakdown of game.  In regards to good vision though, I thought Drake missed a big cutback lane when he tried to push to the perimeter on one of his runs where he was stopped for a no gain..  But overall, I think he did well.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:29:30 AM by jtide » Logged
jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »

Although I hope we never have to use him much, I think our punter is excellent.  The value of him "flipping" the field is often overlooked.  Also, the good hang time on his kicks are allowing for great coverage down field by special teams.
Reelvalue
Senior

E-Cred: 88

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »

I think Lindsay at center did a great job replacing Ryan and will be the full-time guy now. Overall, O-line is still maddeningly a problem child. I do not understand the continuing problems with penalties.

Banging your head against the wall.
Lack of Senior leadership....penalties...plain and simple, it will improve game to game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1