Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "West Virginia University offering vouchers to buy back F-bomb shirts"  (Read 6342 times)
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »

Maybe they could give them vouchers for air conditioners.

Laughing

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »

I found the perfect place to put the A/c

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »

Classy bunch.... (Sarcasm)

Bunch of Yankees. (Not sarcasm)

The U.S. state of West Virginia was formed out of western Virginia  and added to the Union as a direct result of the American Civil War (see History of West Virginia). In the summer of 1861, Union troops under General George McClellan drove off Confederate troops under General Robert E. Lee. This essentially freed Unionists in the northwestern counties of Virginia to form their own government as a result of the Wheeling Convention. After Lee's departure, western Virginia continued to be a target of Confederate raids, even after the creation of the new state in 1863. These actions focused both on supplying the Confederate Army with provisions as well as attacking the vital Baltimore and Ohio Railroad that linked the northeast with the midwest, as exemplified in the Jones-Imboden Raid. Guerrilla warfare also gripped the new state, especially in the Allegheny Mountain counties to the east, where loyalties were much more divided than in the Unionist northwest part of the state.
Traveller, General Lee's horse, is from neighboring Greenbrier County (WV). Also, in a May 23, 1861 Virginia vote, to decide whether or not to secede from the United States, 360 Pocahontas County residents voted for secession, while only 13 voted against.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »

The U.S. state of West Virginia was formed out of western Virginia  and added to the Union as a direct result of the American Civil War (see History of West Virginia). In the summer of 1861, Union troops under General George McClellan drove off Confederate troops under General Robert E. Lee. This essentially freed Unionists in the northwestern counties of Virginia to form their own government as a result of the Wheeling Convention. After Lee's departure, western Virginia continued to be a target of Confederate raids, even after the creation of the new state in 1863. These actions focused both on supplying the Confederate Army with provisions as well as attacking the vital Baltimore and Ohio Railroad that linked the northeast with the midwest, as exemplified in the Jones-Imboden Raid. Guerrilla warfare also gripped the new state, especially in the Allegheny Mountain counties to the east, where loyalties were much more divided than in the Unionist northwest part of the state.
Traveller, General Lee's horse, is from neighboring Greenbrier County (WV). Also, in a May 23, 1861 Virginia vote, to decide whether or not to secede from the United States, 360 Pocahontas County residents voted for secession, while only 13 voted against.

The actual vote to become part of thew union came 2-3 years later (1863) after the war was going badly for the South. The somewhat urbanized and industrialized section of the state (northern panhandle) led the vote to keep from losing everything they had worked for all their lives.

The state is southern in their attitudes and lifestyle,--not yankee. For example, Mother's Day began in WV.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:49:39 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

The U.S. state of West Virginia was formed out of western Virginia  and added to the Union as a direct result of the American Civil War (see History of West Virginia). In the summer of 1861, Union troops under General George McClellan drove off Confederate troops under General Robert E. Lee. This essentially freed Unionists in the northwestern counties of Virginia to form their own government as a result of the Wheeling Convention. After Lee's departure, western Virginia continued to be a target of Confederate raids, even after the creation of the new state in 1863. These actions focused both on supplying the Confederate Army with provisions as well as attacking the vital Baltimore and Ohio Railroad that linked the northeast with the midwest, as exemplified in the Jones-Imboden Raid. Guerrilla warfare also gripped the new state, especially in the Allegheny Mountain counties to the east, where loyalties were much more divided than in the Unionist northwest part of the state.

The actual vote to become part of thew union came 2-3 years later (1863) after the war was going badly for the South. The somewhat urbanized and industrialized section of the state (northern panhandle) led the vote to keep from losing everything they had worked for all their lives.

The state is southern in their attitudes and lifestyle,--not yankee. For example, Mother's Day began in WV.

Bocephus says they're country boys.  That's good enough for me.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »

Bocephus says they're country boys.  That's good enough for me.

In the mid 1970s thru mid 1980s I worked for a company out of Pittsburgh. The name was Blair Electric company. Blair Electric had the electrical contract work on all the new Jim Walters Mines in Brookwood in Tuscaloosa and Walker County. I worked on Jim Walters # 3, 4, 5, 7, Sayre and Bessie mines. The general contractor was Randall McNally, also out of Pittsburgh PA. When they started the new preparation plants (washers) and underground mines, McNally and Blair companies brought in engineers, electricians and steel workers from West Virginia and Pa. Half our crews were made up with men from Pa. and WV and Alabama. I really enjoyed working with the men from WV and PA. There was little difference in any of us. Real good men. Had good relationships with all of them.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 06:58:39 AM »

Well this shows why they don't get into the SEC. They have no class and they treat their kids to words of vulgar life. If that man wore that in front of my wife, kids, or Mother, I would be stern with him regardless of his feelings. You say what "How can Preacher get stern with someone, it takes an idot and fool to wear something like that for others to see." Also, I just remembered I was an AB Ranger. ummm. RTR!
I rather doubt the shirts had anything to do with the SEC decision to reject WVU's application. I'm rather sure though, that only ignorant people would think the norm in WV (or any state) is to "treat" their children to vulgarity. I can't imagine how stupid one would have to be to believe that.
I promise this. If Coach Saban had read "Preacher's" post, he would've been outraged and never read CRS again.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »

Well this shows why they don't get into the SEC. They have no class and they treat their kids to words of vulgar life. If that man wore that in front of my wife, kids, or Mother, I would be stern with him regardless of his feelings. You say what "How can Preacher get stern with someone, it takes an idot and fool to wear something like that for others to see." Also, I just remembered I was an AB Ranger. ummm. RTR!
I rather doubt the shirts had anything to do with the SEC decision to reject WVU's application. I'm rather sure though, that only ignorant people would think the norm in WV (or any state) is to "treat" their children to vulgarity. I can't imagine how stupid one would have to be to believe that.
I promise this. If Coach Saban had read "Preacher's" post, he would've been outraged and never read CRS again.
bump for preacher

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 770
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0