Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **tOfficial "I'm OK" Thread**  (Read 6291 times)
Toxik76
Junior

E-Cred: 386

Male

Toxik76

Touch that thang 4!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:27 AM »

I need this guys since we have seen so much destruction & devistation this past week, there are some amazing pictures I will post as well.

But I'm ok, please post on here letting me know each one of you is ok
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »

I am glad to see you Tox, my family are all fine. We had one coming toward us in Cleburne Co. and it turned and went across the very tip of Cleburne Co. and went to GA. Thank God for his hand. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »

We're OK, tox. Only got a little rain here in Mobile. Very glad to see that you are OK, and I hope your fam is too.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
MDB Tide Roll
Grad Student

E-Cred: 280

Female

MDB Tide Roll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »

Heartbroken, but ok here.  Metro Atlanta didn't have any of the damage in Georgia, it was all north or south.

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"   Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I want everybody here to know this is not the end.  This is the beginning."  Nick Saban 1/16/10
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »

hey Coach good to see ya'  Pray

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »

We are all OK.  I live in Dekalb County.  It has been chaos and mass confusion here.  I probably won't be online much in the next few days.  The tornado here started at my sister in law's house.  Her street is the first with damage as far as a I know.  All of their trees are down and they had some minor damage to the house.

Then it went across the street and hit my Father in law's house.  They probably had 50 to 100 trees on their property.  All but 1 or 2 small ones are gone.  They had some trees down on the roof.  They have a little damage to their roof and it leaks now, but nothing too bad, considering.

Two houses over from him is the house I lived in until a couple of years ago.  That house is gone.  The people who lived there survived.  They were in the closet in the master bedroom.  That is exactly where we planned to go if anything ever happened when we lived there.

About a mile further down the track is my mom's place.  Her place is still standing, but it should be condemned.  Not fit to live in.  There are are several trees down on top of it with some major damage to the roof.  She is staying with us right now.

Two houses down, her neighbors place was totally destroyed.  I believe the lady who lived there survived.  However when I got out there on Wednesday night to get my mom out, they were looking for her little boy who also lived there.  He was missing.

Across the street from them was another house that was totally destroyed.  The people who lived there where the first confirmed fatalities in the county.

I went back at first light on Thursday morning to survey the damage.  I walked around my mom's property, climbing over trees and trying to see how bad the damage was.  I came back this afternoon.  Apparently they must have found the little boy, right outside my mom's back door.  There is a little white cross in the ground with blue ribbons on it.  The cross is maybe 15 feet from my mom's back door on the other side of a big pine tree.  I walked up that pine tree to getter a better view of the roof.  I must have walked right past the little guy and never even saw him.

The whole community is in shock.  It still hasn't fully sunk in yet for me, but seeing that little cross outside my mom's door today has devastated me.  That along with seeing the house where we lived when my daughter was born has really been traumatic.  We are all OK, and lucky to be alive.  But our hearts are broken.  I can tolerate the deaths of the adults, although it is very sad.  But the children is almost too much to bare.  That little boy was the first to die here, although they didn't find him for a while.

The tornado continued across the county.  I was totally unaware.  The power was off here.  The weather sirens where going off, but that has happened several times this spring.  This time it was for real though.  We stood out on the back deck with the kids and watched the storm coming in.  We looked directly to the south west, the direction the clouds where coming from.  I have never seen clouds move that fast.  All the while, the tornado was going right past my house about 5 miles to my right up on the mountain.  It looks like it may have gone back up in the air for a while when it finally came off the mountain.  We never actually saw it because we where looking to see what was coming directly at us.  But not far from my house the track is probably 1/2 mile to a mile wide, and there was a lot of death and destruction.

We finally got power here last night, and tonight when I got home the internet connection was back up.  I last my phone out at mom's place right after the storm when I was trying to help get her out.  I have not been able to get on here at all until tonight.  So I thought I would just post a quick note and let everyone know that we survived.

I probably won't be online much in the next few days.  I have been out on the mountain picking up debris and cutting trees most of the day.  I will probably be pretty busy trying to help my family members pick up the pieces and move on.

I hope everyone else came through this OK.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 10:33:03 PM »

hey Coach good to see ya'  Pray

Thanks.  Right after you posted the link to the live tornado feed at Tuscaloosa my power went out, right when I clicked on it to go watch it.  It wasn't even raining at my house.  Less than an hour later the tornado passed about 5 miles from my house.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »

yeah I remember and I thought you were fine , wasn't sure where you were at though
sorry about all the damage ya'll got , hope the rebuilds go smooth for everyone
I saw you posting in this thread and got excited and posted first , sorry but we were worried about you .

glad you came through with no major medical or worse problems ... thanks to God for that
dang good to see you online again !  

that is so sad about the boy and all you've been through .. God Bless you all , Prayers .
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:41:59 PM by XBAMA » Logged

#1Crimson
Senior

E-Cred: 59

#1Crimson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »

Coach good to hear from you.  I'm not going to say all the usual things that well meaning ppl do.  I have been through 2 and no I'm no expert.  Just know we were all concerned and you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.  This healing process is a everyday thing and just don't be to hard headed to ask when he need some to  listen to you and you will be ok. Every time I see a thunderhead I never forget now.   Pray
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 05:48:44 AM »

So sorry for all of you who had damage or lost friends, neighbors, and family members.  SC, thanks for penning your story.  No wonder Smitty was so worried; I didn't know where you lived.

We're okay here, just lost a few trees.  Prayers to everyone who who is in special need this Sunday.

Terrie1959
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 724

Female

Terrie1959

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 06:38:45 AM »

First of all - thanks to those who have checked in to let us know you are okay.  Second, Coach - so very happy to see your post. I have been worried about you and your family. I'm glad you all are okay.

I can't imagine the feelings you had when you saw that little cross. Sad
Saying the usual words of consolation seems so inadequate. The one thing you can hold to is that the young boy is now dancing on the streets of gold.  I'm so sorry for the loss of lives and the pain that people are experiencing.

I know you've heard it a lot but if you need anything, please do not hesitate to let us know.  We are your extended family.
That goes for all of you here at CRS - if there is a need, please let us know.

XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »

Terrie puts it so much better Coach ... what she said + 1

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »

Terrie puts it so much better Coach ... what she said + 1

Ditto.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

SC, I can't add anything that has already been posted other than I am glad you and yours are ok. Thanks for taking time to fill us in and welcome back.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 09:22:58 AM »

We are praying for the little guy and his family and of you are mentioned to God in our Prayers. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 408
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0