Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wilson not going down without a fight" by Chris Low  (Read 7287 times)
WALL-E
Directive: Site Robot
President Denny

E-Cred: 202

WALL-E

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

Published on Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:00:32 EDT

It’s too early to say how Tyler Wilson’s brutally honest assessment of Arkansas’ meltdown against Alabama last week will play out in the Hogs’ locker room.

As a rule, players don’t like being accused publicly of quitting by a teammate who didn’t play in the game.

Wilson would have given anything to be out there with his teammates, but doctors wouldn’t clear him to play because he scored so poorly on his concussion test last Thursday.

More...

Too much garbage in your face? There's plenty of space out in space! BnL StarLiners leaving each day. We'll clean up the mess while you're away.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

Applause E-Cred Several nice articles you posted Wall-E. Keep it up. A comment every now and then won't hurt either. Good job and welcome to CRS.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

Applause E-Cred Several nice articles you posted Wall-E. Keep it up. A comment every now and then won't hurt either. Good job and welcome to CRS.

Ditto.  Welcome, and keep up the good work.   Applause E-Cred

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »

RTR, Wall-E. You seem to be catching on and getting acclimated to the board. Come visit Big Fish when you get a chance.

Applause E-Cred

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »

This is his first news gig.  I have him monitoring ESPN's SEC blog.  If he sees anything with a reference to Alabama he posts it in here.  Now that the pump is primed for that feed the articles should trickle in within 10 minutes after being published.

Right now my filtering technology is pretty rudimentary.  Basically I look for a handful of keywords like Alabama, Bama, Saban, Tuscaloosa, and Tide.  I can change these for each news outlet, or simply include all posts from the news outlet without any filtering if I want.  I need to make it a little more sophisticated though when I get a chance.  For example, if I used Florida as a keyword it would pick up articles about Florida but also Florida State, Florida Atlantic, etc.  This shouldn't be a problem for this first feed though since they are not likely to post an article about the University of North Alabama on the ESPN SEC blog.  But if they do WALL-E will fetch it for us, whether we like it or not.

There is a fine line between finding the good stuff vs. just spamming the forum with every article on the internet that has the word "Alabama" in it.  Initially I will try to be very picky with what we monitor, but as my filtering technology improves I will hopefully be able to have WALL-E find some really good stuff that may have gone unnoticed before, or at least find it sooner.  For example, I want to get a filter in place that will let us know the moment something breaks on the Auburn NCAA investigation that we are all anticipating.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »

This is his first news gig.  I have him monitoring ESPN's SEC blog.  If he sees anything with a reference to Alabama he posts it in here.  Now that the pump is primed for that feed the articles should trickle in within 10 minutes after being published.

Right now my filtering technology is pretty rudimentary.  Basically I look for a handful of keywords like Alabama, Bama, Saban, Tuscaloosa, and Tide.  I can change these for each news outlet, or simply include all posts from the news outlet without any filtering if I want.  I need to make it a little more sophisticated though when I get a chance.  For example, if I used Florida as a keyword it would pick up articles about Florida but also Florida State, Florida Atlantic, etc.  This shouldn't be a problem for this first feed though since they are not likely to post an article about the University of North Alabama on the ESPN SEC blog.  But if they do WALL-E will fetch it for us, whether we like it or not.

There is a fine line between finding the good stuff vs. just spamming the forum with every article on the internet that has the word "Alabama" in it.  Initially I will try to be very picky with what we monitor, but as my filtering technology improves I will hopefully be able to have WALL-E find some really good stuff that may have gone unnoticed before, or at least find it sooner.  For example, I want to get a filter in place that will let us know the moment something breaks on the Auburn NCAA investigation that we are all anticipating.
I'm shocked. You talk about the guy like he has no feelings at all.  Huh?

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Well done SC. you now have a puter-son.  Applause E-Cred, let him work for us and we are going to get all the great stuff.  this is so much more fun even. We are going to be better than ESPN itself.  Cool, RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »

I like the guy. I'm trying to fix him up with one of the girls in our office.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »

I noticed you giving him some pointers on posting. I had a friend at Bama named Wall-E (from Selma) and he was a nice fellow.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

I noticed you giving him some pointers on posting. I had a friend at Bama named Wall-E (from Selma) and he was a nice fellow.

SC pulled one me. That's the last time I try to be a nice guy. I'm just going to go back to giving CB a hard time. That's more fun anyway.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »

SC pulled one me. That's the last time I try to be a nice guy. I'm just going to go back to giving CB a hard time. That's more fun anyway.
Mrs CB may get mad if you try and set him up with the girl in your office. HTH

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »

Mrs CB may get mad if you try and set him up with the girl in your office. HTH

Maybe I can crash on pmull's couch.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1