Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sore points  (Read 17046 times)
bamalum67
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

Male

bamalum67

Bama born and Bama bred

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »

Kicking game sucks with a capital "S"..can;t get KO's into the end zone, missed 2 FG's...punting not worth spit.

I am not a nervous nellie, but this team worries me at this point...OL STILL not giving 100%, DL getting a little winded...Maybe it's just the competition, but I think not..We have too many thigns to get right before the big games.

I just don't see the meanness, the desire to "make their *sses quit"..makes me think of last year's team..they may be readng and BELIEVING their own press clippings!

We lose a fumble, can't get one, can't get an interception, and this from a team like NT..Huh??

I fear we are in for a rude awakening some time soon.  We AIN"T played nobody!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight..it's the size of the fight in the dog"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:22 AM »

Hmmm, heavy dosages of valium is highly recommended.  Wink

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:46:04 AM »

My only comforting words are, "Coach Saban is more concerned about these issues than you, bamalum67."  And he's in a position to get it fixed.

Thanks for your concern; we'll get back with you.  Personally, I think the glass is 80% full, and I'm going to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »

And I think they sacked our quarterback four times. Pretty bad when you're playing a joke team.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:07 AM »

Foster is doing exactly what he supposed to on KOs.  We're golden on FGs under 35.  Settle down.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »

And I think they sacked our quarterback four times. Pretty bad when you're playing a joke team.

Yeah, we were doing that OL-shuttle among positions, like we did against Kent State.  Clearly that's a work in progress.

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »

I don't know but I think the SEC "D" lines could be a problem for AJ. The 4th Qtr. the O-line opened up some holes for TR to run through. Those runs were proof if they will block he can go 70 or 80 yds in a hurry. Arkansas is going to be a big test. Our teams are usually measured by this game every year. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »

Yeah, we were doing that OL-shuttle among positions, like we did against Kent State.  Clearly that's a work in progress.

Barrett Jones played everywhere except right guard. He may have played right guard but I did not see him. This was a practice/work game. Alabama worked on passing, running, and special teams with different personnel. Almost all recieivers, running backs, QBs, O and D linemen, kickers,and linebackers played early in the game. This is truly a way to build the teams confidence and improve at all positions.  

At the end of game the defense got to work on goal line stops. Just what they had practiced all week. Team's not a well oiled machine just yet, but there is positive indications we are headed that way. This was a strictly business attitude displayed by the team towards a opponent that was hard to get up for.

We will know alot more after we take care of Arkansas, which I fully expect we will win.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:41:45 AM by Coach Hank Crisp » Logged

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »

Yeah, we were doing that OL-shuttle among positions, like we did against Kent State.  Clearly that's a work in progress.

Barrett Jones played everywhere except right guard. He may have played right guard but I did not see him. This was a practice/work game. Alabama worked on passing, running, and special teams with different personnel. Almost all recieivers, running backs, QBs, O and D linemen, kickers,and linebackers played early in the game. This is truly a way to build the teams confidence and improve at all positions.  

At the end of game the defense got to work on goal line stops. Just what they had practiced all week. Team's not a well oiled machine just yet, but there is positive indications we are headed that way. This was a strictly business attitude displayed by the team towards a opponent that was hard to get up for.

We will know alot more after we take care of Arkansas, which I fully expect we will win.

+1 ^^^This^^^ 

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »

Hey great report. I agree that we will beat Arkansas but it will be very close like 1 to 4 points. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 08:54:19 AM »

Yeah, we were doing that OL-shuttle among positions, like we did against Kent State.  Clearly that's a work in progress.
THIS!
McBaman
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 1150

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »

To alum67 and old tider... I'm from your era ('69 grad) and I hear you.  This team scares me (but so did '66 undefeated team.)  Next two games (Arky & FL) will pretty much define our season.  If we can somehow win those two games, we can make it through to LSU and then we'll see how much this team has improved.

But for now, with these QBs and this OL, this team scares me.
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »

To alum67 and old tider... I'm from your era ('69 grad) and I hear you.  This team scares me (but so did '66 undefeated team.)  Next two games (Arky & FL) will pretty much define our season.  If we can somehow win those two games, we can make it through to LSU and then we'll see how much this team has improved.

But for now, with these QBs and this OL, this team scares me.

I agree the shuffle makes everybody nervous except CNS I guess. He has to know something we don't or he would quit doing it. Maybe it's done to throw off coaches or to get strength to keep fresh legs on the Line. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »

Kick offs were high and deep allowing the coverage to stop the return, most were inside the 20.  Not sure what you were watching.

It did suck to miss the two FG's, but that is uncommon for Shelley.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »

He is building depth on the OL and every other position in case we need it later in the year.  This tells me that he is not really concerned about the short term and he thinks our starting players have got things covered.  He wants to get some depth at every position, which indicates to me that he thinks the biggest potential problem we might have is a key injury down the stretch during crunch time.  If that were to happen, how much better is it going to be that these guys have already played several games with this "shuffle"?  We don't want the injury game to be the first time that Jones plays at center, for example.  But think about it, CNS would not be worried about having a backup center IF he thought the first string center needed to work on some things, now would he?  The same goes for all of the other positions.  After 3 games it is clear that he is trying to build depth right now.  You don't worry about the 2nd string so much when you think the 1st string has issues to work on.  If the 1st string has issues, you get those resolved first and just pray you don't have an injury.  Building this kind of depth is a luxury only afforded to teams who are in good shape on 1st string.

I expect that we are going to maul Arkansas.  I know that they have been pointing to this game since last year, and I was very concerned about that before the season started.  To them, this is the game that transitions them from an also ran to a national championship contender.  They have been getting ready for us since spring practice.  It won't matter.  NOBODY will score any significant points on our D.  NOBODY.  This is not Auburn or Miss State where the plan is to ignore the defensive side of the ball and just try to beat somebody 52 to 49 with an onside kick with less than a minute to go.  They will be lucky to get in the 20's on our D.  They gave up 28 to Troy.  Yes, that Troy.  3 TDs scored by Troy's offense and 1 pick 6 by their D.  Troy gained 457 yards to 454 for Arkansas.  They may be another one of those over hyped teams that only worries about offense, in which case they will be clobbered.

I am not the least bit concerned about Arkansas.  Can we lose?  Absolutely.  But I think the more likely outcome is a victory with a score something like 31-20.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 471
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0