Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No. 16 Alabama vs. Detroit: How they compare  (Read 11639 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »

Not a very large crow showed up.

Finals week.

This?

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »

Well it was another tale of two different ballgames tonight, Bama looked very good the first half and not very good the second half. I guess what amazed me tonight was the no-call fouls on Bama's offensive end of the court. Bama really got mugged underneath their basket all night and then would go to the other end of the court to get called for little touch fouls. This has seemed to be the trend at Coleman this year, you would think there would be some value playing at home but that hasn't been the case.

JaMichael Green kept his cool tonight but you could see the glare in his eyes at some of the no-calls, this is something he has to do moving into conference play. The freshmen have really played more like freshmen the past three games but the intensity of Bama's opponents has been more than they have ever played against as well. This caliber of non-conference teams that Bama has played so far should do wonders for the team in the games ahead, they all have been very good opponents.

If Bama is to succeed in making it to the Big Dance this year they have got to learn to penetrate these zone defenses and start hitting some outside shots. If they could do better on their outside shooting that would open the lane up for some down under shots, right now the opponents are just sagging under the goal and daring Bama to take the outside shot.

They've done good so far and I think they will do better in the games to come. Roll Tide!! 

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »

Finals week.

This?
I've seen a lot of crows, but THAT is a big one. I would have hated to be that bike rider. Sad

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »

Well it was another tale of two different ballgames tonight, Bama looked very good the first half and not very good the second half. I guess what amazed me tonight was the no-call fouls on Bama's offensive end of the court. Bama really got mugged underneath their basket all night and then would go to the other end of the court to get called for little touch fouls. This has seemed to be the trend at Coleman this year, you would think there would be some value playing at home but that hasn't been the case.

JaMichael Green kept his cool tonight but you could see the glare in his eyes at some of the no-calls, this is something he has to do moving into conference play. The freshmen have really played more like freshmen the past three games but the intensity of Bama's opponents has been more than they have ever played against as well. This caliber of non-conference teams that Bama has played so far should do wonders for the team in the games ahead, they all have been very good opponents.

If Bama is to succeed in making it to the Big Dance this year they have got to learn to penetrate these zone defenses and start hitting some outside shots. If they could do better on their outside shooting that would open the lane up for some down under shots, right now the opponents are just sagging under the goal and daring Bama to take the outside shot.

They've done good so far and I think they will do better in the games to come. Roll Tide!! 

Something I have noticed, J, is that JG seems to get hammered a lot underneath the offensive basket with no call from the ref, but on the other end, he constantly gets called for little, ticky tack, nothing fouls. I can see why the frustration builds in him. He's always in foul trouble, but seldom gets the benefit of fair officiating. You're right, though, he has to move past those calls and keep his head together. He and TM are the leaders of the team and need to act accordingly. But I do feel his pain.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »

Finals week.

This?
I've seen a lot of crows, but THAT is a big one. I would have hated to be that bike rider. Sad

Applause E-Cred

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 08:26:48 PM »

Finals week.

This!

why my fingers stop working in the middle of a word? My mind is still thinking complete word.

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »

Finals week.

This!

why my fingers stop working in the middle of a word? My mind is still thinking complete word.

Finger ADHD, Coach?  Cheesy
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 08:38:22 PM »

Something I have noticed, J, is that JG seems to get hammered a lot underneath the offensive basket with no call from the ref, but on the other end, he constantly gets called for little, ticky tack, nothing fouls. I can see why the frustration builds in him. He's always in foul trouble, but seldom gets the benefit of fair officiating. You're right, though, he has to move past those calls and keep his head together. He and TM are the leaders of the team and need to act accordingly. But I do feel his pain.

He did very good tonight, maybe the Xavier/Cincinnati episode will help him through the bad officiating. I totally agree with you about the touch fouls, it has been tough on the players but I have to give them credit, they have been able to play through it all except for the two games they lost. It was very tough on Bama's offensive side of the court tonight. I thought #32 was going to kill Jacobs, and would you believe #32 didn't have a foul on him until about 12 minutes left in the game. By the way, Green and #32 were teammates and roommates on the National Team this summer. Also, per Bama's radio broadcast, Detroit is a very good shooting team but only shot 36% tonight and was 0-13 on 3 point shots, so that was big for the team to get back to playing D like they were before the Dayton game.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:39 PM »

They've got a lot of good things going for them, I just hated to see how much intensity they lost, starting at about 1:30 before the half. I know it's hard to keep it up the whole game, but they had a lengthy lapse, before they regained the momentum. I look for them to improve each game, however.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

Finals week.

This!

Probab

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »

Finals week.

This!

Probab

Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 226
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0