Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on this forum  (Read 5750 times)
jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »

I really like CRS.  It is my daily source for a wealth of information.  With that said, I miss the constant rumors and speculation that I could read in the old Tidesports forums.  It always made for good entertainment and discussion, and sometimes they actually turned out to be true.  Also, you always had a villain or two such as DD, that would always fuel an entertaining thread every other day.  Occasionally a troll fan from another school would create a stir and make for good reading.  I think we could have those things here and still keep from being trashy like much of the WoolyAL site.  Just my thoughts, I thought I'd share since things are really slow around here.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:07:52 AM »

Well jtide sometimes we get kind of language weak here too. I like this for the reason you stated but also my grand kids can read it with me. We are like family here if one misses a few days people hunt them to see if they are alright. Sports here is more plainly spoken, and discussion are actually like the media somewhat except we don't have the telling of lies. I was on several sites when I was on tides sports. This is the best site I have ever found. Great job to all. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
NJRollTide
Freshman

E-Cred: 24

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

I am a proud member of Woolly, but do I lurk on this site from time to time, to see if there is some info I can pick up.  Its not a bad site, it is just made up of different people then are over at Woolly. I have even passed your link on to a couple of posters who weren't into the way things are done on Woolly.  But, to call a site trashy because you don't like the way things are done is wrong in my opinion.  Next time, instead of calling my site trashy, just stick to your topic at hand.

@ 2Stater   
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »

I am a proud member of Woolly, but do I lurk on this site from time to time, to see if there is some info I can pick up.  Its not a bad site, it is just made up of different people then are over at Woolly. I have even passed your link on to a couple of posters who weren't into the way things are done on Woolly.  But, to call a site trashy because you don't like the way things are done is wrong in my opinion.  Next time, instead of calling my site trashy, just stick to your topic at hand.

There is nothing wrong with Woolly. We share a love of the University of Alabama and the Bama sports programs. There are several posters that post on both sites. Nothing wrong with that. I lurk over at Woolly sometimes too. I am careful not to log on at work or when my kids are around. I don't understand the rivalry between the the sites since we both are discussing and promoting the same thing. We just have different ways of doing it.

Roll Tide and say hello to every one over at Woolly.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »

Hey NJRT:If you feel you are not getting blasted enough on CRS, that can be arranged. HTH

I have maybe MORE e-friends on WOOLLY than CRS but I like the "small town" atmosphere here much better. JMHO

BTW, once when TitusPullo was suspended from TideSports (1 week?), he EMed his posts to me and I made them for him. Big fight with "PizzaGuy". LOL  
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:57:03 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
NJRollTide
Freshman

E-Cred: 24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »

Hey NJRT:If you feel you are not getting blasted enough on CRS, that can be arranged. HTH

I have maybe MORE e-friends on WOOLLY than CRS but I like the "small town" atmosphere here much better. JMHO

BTW, once when TitusPullo was suspended from TideSports (1 week?), he EMed his posts to me and I made them for him. Big fight with "PizzaGuy". LOL  
I don't know where in my post I implied I need you to flame me.  I certainly didn't make my original post to start a flame war, either.  I respect the rules of this place and have no reason to break them, or start a fight.  I just found the OP took an unnecessary shot at Woolly that had nothing to do with his point of wanting to add sizzle. 

I was only a member of TideSports during the final month of its existence.  I never had a disagreement with anyone there, let alone a flame war that got someone suspended.  So, the "Pizza Guy" he was referring to was not me.  I do remember this TitusPullo character from the early days of Woolly, but he mysteriously disappeared after another poster was banned.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »

I don't know where in my post I implied I need you to flame me.  I certainly didn't make my original post to start a flame war, either.  I respect the rules of this place and have no reason to break them, or start a fight.  I just found the OP took an unnecessary shot at Woolly that had nothing to do with his point of wanting to add sizzle. 

I was only a member of TideSports during the final month of its existence.  I never had a disagreement with anyone there, let alone a flame war that got someone suspended.  So, the "Pizza Guy" he was referring to was not me.  I do remember this TitusPullo character from the early days of Woolly, but he mysteriously disappeared after another poster was banned.
LOL.

I still run into TitusPullo on Shaggy. PizzaGuy, I still don't remember his exact name, something like Sgt.LincolnOsiris. I kinda liked that guy too. He delivered pizzas to the football offices and occassionally he had breaking news on stuff. But sometimes he said he saw blackboards in CNS's office :huge eye roll: with our QB pecking order or something equally incredulous. Maybe he was just pulling a KingPin. As to CRS vs. Woolly, I think you'll find our guys mostly mind their own business. Several times on Woolly I've seen posts about us saying things about them, and have posted the same thing each time, "LINK?" 

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »

Also, you always had a villain or two such as DD, that would always fuel an entertaining thread every other day.

Need a villain?  Here you are.

ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »

The facts of the matter, IMHO, are these: We are most passionate about football. We enjoy and support the other sports, but mostly we are about football. That means that after our annual errand of fetching the egg in January, there is a blip of interest at signing day, a smaller blip for the NFL draft, and a last blip for the A-day game. From April 20th to August we can only hope there is nothing important to talk about, because most of those things will be bad or very bad.

We are the Mr. Ed forum: we generally do not post unless there is something to say. I respect that. One of the last things I did before I left Wooly was a series of weekly posts called the Woolly Week in Review. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek scold of all the crap that people went on and on about in the off season, precisely because there was really nothing to say. I like it better this way, personally.

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »

We are the Mr. Ed forum: we generally do not post unless there is something to say. I respect that. One of the last things I did before I left Wooly was a series of weekly posts called the Woolly Week in Review. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek scold of all the crap that people went on and on about in the off season, precisely because there was really nothing to say. I like it better this way, personally.

Hey I always liked Mr. Ed. I got excited to see a horse talking. Your other quote there, it don't sound to bad of an idea but without the vulgarity that might have sliped out and the reason being is because of my kids and grand kids reading this site. Good job. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
jtide
Junior

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »

@ 2Stater   

I called it trashy due to much of the content observed when I was there.  Foul language, obscene pictures, etc.  These things fit my definition of "trashy".  Perhaps your definition of trashy is different than mine.  Also, I got tired of all the "fake" posts.  A rumor is one thing.  I accept that it may not be true.  It's another to blatantly lie in order for posters to entertain themselves.  If some people like that stuff, then more power to them.  I'm simply talking about what this site can be without it being what other sites are.
jtide
Junior

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »

Also, you always had a villain or two such as DD, that would always fuel an entertaining thread every other day.

Need a villain?  Here you are.

If we could only get him to post every now and then... lol
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »

I caught 1 Woolly poster stealing a thread off of the CRS board (exact wording), but have yet to see it happen the other way around. I'm sure TomB'Ham and Machine would equally disapprove.

double nickel
Junior

E-Cred: 95

double nickel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »

I like reading the discussions here but entertain myself with the woolly

ricky023
President Denny

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »

One thing I have always liked about this board above the others is, the integrity this board is kept with. All the false stuff on other sites, can not even spell integrity. JMHO nobody else's. RTR!

"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 859
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0