Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 3338 3339 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 3345 3346 ... 3909   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 12687584 times)
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50115 on: April 13, 2020, 09:06:49 PM »

Pray

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #50116 on: April 14, 2020, 05:26:49 AM »

Good Tuesday morning!

I've got an eye doctor appt this morning. Over the weekend, my right eye suddenly developed a mass of floaters. I feel like I have a spider over my right eye. I've had floaters all of my adult life but nothing like this. Hopefully, he will have a remedy for me. My putting needs to get better, not worse. 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50117 on: April 14, 2020, 05:37:41 AM »

Good Tuesday morning!

I've got an eye doctor appt this morning. Over the weekend, my right eye suddenly developed a mass of floaters. I feel like I have a spider over my right eye. I've had floaters all of my adult life but nothing like this. Hopefully, he will have a remedy for me. My putting needs to get better, not worse. 

I developed floaters last week in my left eye.  Give me a report.

In other medical news, a crown from my molar came off last Friday.  It's a whole new world of excitement now when eating, especially ice cream.  The dentist office told me they couldn't help except in emergencies, and asked me to hold on until April 17th.  Yesterday they called to say the period was extended until April 27th.  I'll be on warm mash potatoes and hot jello by then!
 Tinfoil Hat

N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #50118 on: April 14, 2020, 05:40:46 AM »

Good morning folks.  Glad Mrs. Dottie got to come home.  Hopefully she can and will continue to heal. 2, maybe those floaters are trying to tell you that you need to go to Pensacola Beach and do some fishing.    I'll be working my job from home today.  Spend 1/2 of yesterday with Runt out shoveling gravel and chirt into a wheelbarrow to try and patch the driveway.  I'm hoping to get some tri-axle dumptruck loads of chirt brought later this week.  I'm estimating needing anywhere from 6-8 loads to put my driveway back in the shape it needs to be in.  Sorry to hear about the crown Chech.  Those things can be awfully frustrating when they come off.  Have you tried to put it back with some denture cream? That might help you until you can get in to the dentist.

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50119 on: April 14, 2020, 05:45:27 AM »

Good morning folks.  Glad Mrs. Dottie got to come home.  Hopefully she can and will continue to heal. 2, maybe those floaters are trying to tell you that you need to go to Pensacola Beach and do some fishing.    I'll be working my job from home today.  Spend 1/2 of yesterday with Runt out shoveling gravel and chirt into a wheelbarrow to try and patch the driveway.  I'm hoping to get some tri-axle dumptruck loads of chirt brought later this week.  I'm estimating needing anywhere from 6-8 loads to put my driveway back in the shape it needs to be in.  Sorry to hear about the crown Chech.  Those things can be awfully frustrating when they come off.  Have you tried to put it back with some denture cream? That might help you until you can get in to the dentist.

It's been 4 days.  I've tried everything from chewing gum to plumber's putty.  But thanks for the help.

Stars

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #50120 on: April 14, 2020, 05:48:01 AM »

Good morning, NALT.

Chech, get you some 'Refilit". It's a temporary fix, but it will give you relief and you can eat like normal. Any grocery store or pharmacy carries it.

Yeah, the eye doctors are only taking the emergencies as well. No routine eye stuff til this is over.
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3190

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #50121 on: April 14, 2020, 05:59:37 AM »

It's been 4 days.  I've tried everything from chewing gum to plumber's putty.  But thanks for the help.

Stars
Two words for you:

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50122 on: April 14, 2020, 05:59:37 AM »

Good morning, NALT.

Chech, get you some 'Refilit". It's a temporary fix, but it will give you relief and you can eat like normal. Any grocery store or pharmacy carries it.

Yeah, the eye doctors are only taking the emergencies as well. No routine eye stuff til this is over.

Thanks.  We are isolated here; haven't been out since a week ago Monday when we went to Kroger.  If we make an emergency trip into town I'll get some and try it. 

Sounds on this forum that "isolation at home" is only a suggestion, not an order.  With a few exceptions, most people in our neighborhood don't drive their cars anywhere.  I wonder how many people elsewhere regularly go out and mix with others.   

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #50123 on: April 14, 2020, 06:13:27 AM »

Good morning, NALT.

Thanks.  We are isolated here; haven't been out since a week ago Monday when we went to Kroger.  If we make an emergency trip into town I'll get some and try it. 

Sounds on this forum that "isolation at home" is only a suggestion, not an order.  With a few exceptions, most people in our neighborhood don't drive their cars anywhere.  I wonder how many people elsewhere regularly go out and mix with others.   

When I do go out, I adhere to the 6 ft rule. In grocery stores, others don't always do that. Even people in masks will try to invade your space. When I play golf, I have my own cart and never get close to others. I go to work because there are only 2 of us working there currently and we keep our distance from each other.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #50124 on: April 14, 2020, 08:50:58 AM »

A sudden onset of floaters can be an early sign of retinal tearing.  If you also have flashes of light/color when you move your eye quickly, I'd call back and voice concern.  You do NOT want it to tear/detach, so preventing that should qualify as an emergency under the current conditions.  If they catch it before it happens, it's a simple fix with a laser.  If it detaches, it's pain and a hospital stay.

(I'm extremely myopic which means my retinas are stretched very thin - I've been told I'm very likely to have a retina tear by age 50, and have been taught the early warning signs over and over.)
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #50125 on: April 14, 2020, 08:52:14 AM »

Good morning, NALT.

When I do go out, I adhere to the 6 ft rule. In grocery stores, others don't always do that. Even people in masks will try to invade your space. When I play golf, I have my own cart and never get close to others. I go to work because there are only 2 of us working there currently and we keep our distance from each other.

I have a Wal-Mart pickup scheduled for this afternoon, but I will probably stop by another store as well.  Wal-Mart meats suck, and I just can't bring myself to spend money on it.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #50126 on: April 14, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »

A sudden onset of floaters can be an early sign of retinal tearing.  If you also have flashes of light/color when you move your eye quickly, I'd call back and voice concern.  You do NOT want it to tear/detach, so preventing that should qualify as an emergency under the current conditions.  If they catch it before it happens, it's a simple fix with a laser.  If it detaches, it's pain and a hospital stay.

(I'm extremely myopic which means my retinas are stretched very thin - I've been told I'm very likely to have a retina tear by age 50, and have been taught the early warning signs over and over.)

When I called for the appointment and explained my problem, she asked me if I was seeing flashes of light. I am not. I've had floaters since I was 19, but nothing like this.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #50127 on: April 14, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »

A sudden onset of floaters can be an early sign of retinal tearing.  If you also have flashes of light/color when you move your eye quickly, I'd call back and voice concern.  You do NOT want it to tear/detach, so preventing that should qualify as an emergency under the current conditions.  If they catch it before it happens, it's a simple fix with a laser.  If it detaches, it's pain and a hospital stay.

When I called for the appointment and explained my problem, she asked me if I was seeing flashes of light. I am not. I've had floaters since I was 19, but nothing like this.

Pray Pray Pray fpr 2stater. Hey if there is anything we can do please speak it my brother. Glad everybody is doing well. We are thankful that our brothers up north and Chechem came through the storms without damage. It seems everybody on board are doing better with spring just around the corner. It is suppose to be 37 degrees here tonight. Have a Blessed day everybody. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #50128 on: April 14, 2020, 01:07:24 PM »

My floaters have stopped.  But I did see flashes, like lightning in my left eye, for 2 days.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #50129 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »

My floaters have stopped.  But I did see flashes, like lightning in my left eye, for 2 days.

I'd press to have that checked out, Chech.  

Speaking of eye issues, I'm running out of contact lenses.  My prescription is over 1yr old which means I cannot order more without a new prescription.  My vision is so poor, I really cannot function with glasses.  The lenses are so thick things are distorted.

(Contact prescription is -10.5 in the right eye and -9.5 in the left, if anyone knows what that means)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:20:54 PM by Hannibal Lecter, MD » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3338 3339 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 3345 3346 ... 3909   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 497
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0