Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a thought and suggestion....  (Read 12977 times)
bama57
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3858

bama57

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:22 AM »

WOW! don't hold back about how you feel about it .....
JodyBaker22
Junior

E-Cred: 78

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »

[/quote].You mindless, blathering idiots!  Jody doesn't care about this board. He'll be yucking it up with his USCe numbnut buddies about how he led the charge to stick an admittantly annoying hopping frog smack down the middle of your forum. Are you gay pirates as desparate for friends that you will go along with that?

One frog, then two. Who's to say your dead guy is more important than the other dead guy. We want a choo choo train crossing the Quad. Then what next?  3 dead guys, six, eight. Later 30 dead guys. Who is going to say they do not each merit an annoying icon as well. Before long the forum looks like Spencer Gifts in the Mall or Souvenir City at the beach.  Junk flying everywhere. Use your heads for something besides a hat rack!

"CRS--It's a great place to die!"
[/quote]
Huh?  I would never make light of losing someone by "yucking it up" with my Gamecock buddies.  In fact I have never even spoken to any of them about this.  My intentions are truly sincere and I'm sorry that you can't see that.  Hell, I don't even go to Gamecock forums. (search em all, bamawv and you won't see a single post on any of them in YEARS from me)
I come here to talk to my Bama friends that I've met over the past 5 years.  That's it.  Im cool with you, bamawv and really want to like you, but then you start typing....  Wink
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »

There they go again!

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »

.You mindless, blathering idiots!  Jody doesn't care about this board. He'll be yucking it up with his USCe numbnut buddies about how he led the charge to stick an admittantly annoying hopping frog smack down the middle of your forum. Are you gay pirates as desparate for friends that you will go along with that?

One frog, then two. Who's to say your dead guy is more important than the other dead guy. We want a choo choo train crossing the Quad. Then what next?  3 dead guys, six, eight. Later 30 dead guys. Who is going to say they do not each merit an annoying icon as well. Before long the forum looks like Spencer Gifts in the Mall or Souvenir City at the beach.  Junk flying everywhere. Use your heads for something besides a hat rack!

"CRS--It's a great place to die!"
[/quote]
Huh?  I would never make light of losing someone by "yucking it up" with my Gamecock buddies.  In fact I have never even spoken to any of them about this.  My intentions are truly sincere and I'm sorry that you can't see that.  Hell, I don't even go to Gamecock forums. (search em all, bamawv and you won't see a single post on any of them in YEARS from me)
I come here to talk to my Bama friends that I've met over the past 5 years.  That's it.  Im cool with you, bamawv and really want to like you, but then you start typing....  Wink
[/quote]OH.  Huh? Well I sure won't do that again! lol

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »

Children playing.  HTH.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »

I am still thinking about this.  My latest idea is to create a new board that is named after the cemetery just outside of Bryant-Denny.  I believe it is called Evergreen Cemetery, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We could move the threads over to there.  It would also be a place for people to go and post stories about the forum members who have passed away.

I just made the new board and moved some threads over to it.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »

I am still thinking about this.  My latest idea is to create a new board that is named after the cemetery just outside of Bryant-Denny.  I believe it is called Evergreen Cemetery, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

We could move the threads over to there.  It would also be a place for people to go and post stories about the forum members who have passed away.

Applause E-Cred

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »

"Gentlemen, please. Everyone chill out."

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »

Thanks SC!!  Applause E-Cred

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
XBAMA
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 4632

Male

XBAMA

Roll Tide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »

2008 post in 4 topics ...  thanks SC       

God And Guns got us here and God and Guns will keep us here
ALTideUp
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2045

ALTideUp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »

This may be the perfect solution. The symbolism is moving, and, I'll admit, it caught me off-guard and brought a tear to my eye. At-a-boy SC.

"When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro"

Hunter S. Thompson
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »

This may be the perfect solution. The symbolism is moving, and, I'll admit, it caught me off-guard and brought a tear to my eye. At-a-boy SC.

Thanks.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Crimson Phoenix
Grad Student

E-Cred: 173

Female

Crimson Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »

I don't post on message boards much these days but feel the need to offer my two cents on the Evergreen Cemetery board.

I think the Evergreen Cemetery board was a really BAD IDEA and gives people an icky feeling when they log in to a sports board to see a category for cemetery.

I loved TAZ too, and that's one reason I created "TAZ's Good Morning Thread."
It would be fine to have dropped the old threads to somewhere like Hall of Fame or a similar name......but a cemetery..... NO!

I wish you would just delete my thread. It is depressing now.  TAZ's spirit is not buried in a cemetery....it is free and high.

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »

I don't post on message boards much these days but feel the need to offer my two cents on the Evergreen Cemetery board.

I think the Evergreen Cemetery board was a really BAD IDEA and gives people an icky feeling when they log in to a sports board to see a category for cemetery.

I loved TAZ too, and that's one reason I created "TAZ's Good Morning Thread."
It would be fine to have dropped the old threads to somewhere like Hall of Fame or a similar name......but a cemetery..... NO!

I wish you would just delete my thread. It is depressing now.  TAZ's spirit is not buried in a cemetery....it is free and high.

I see and respect your point, CP, but I support the cemetery choice. People do die, no matter what euphemisms we use. And almost all of us know Evergreen and its closeness to our beloved BDS. Save me a plot there.

Wish you would post more. It's great to see that Crimson Phoenix name on the forum.
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:16 AM »

Peolpe have different feelings and reactions to cemeteries.  I am a history buff and enjoy walking through the older sections of graveyards and reading the headstones and trying to imagine something about the person.  My Mother has been dead for over 25 years, but I never make a trip back home without visiting her grave.  I know she is not there, but it triggers many wonderful memories for me.  That's what Evergreen Cemetery will do for me and the memories and admiration I had for TAZ. .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:06:57 PM by Leewillie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 755
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0