Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama on the road at Auburn (7:00 SEC Network)  (Read 10334 times)
PCTide
Junior

E-Cred: 130

Male

PCTide

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »

This is painful to watch Shocked

“It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »

Go to full court pressure.If we score again. lol

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »

$cam stayed long enough to make Sportscenter. I really want this game. Angry

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »

Like watching a train wreck, in slow motion.
PCTide
Junior

Male

PCTide

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »

pathetic... Angry I miss Wimp and the Plaid Palace

“It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant
PCTide
Junior

Male

PCTide

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

CAG should recruit some pure shooters and a center.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »

Bama has droughts every game. But I've never seen them get rattled like tonight. Releford has to be wondering what he got himself into.

Sad

Barn got 30% of their points on the foul line.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:01:52 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »

That was pathetic.  When we made it to half time with the lead after that pathetic 1ST HALF I thought well we got our 20+ point half out of the way without getting behind.  Then we only score 12 in the second half.  What in the world is going on?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 07:07:44 AM »

Pathetic is really an understatement for this team and who's at fault, the players or the coaches? If you guess both, you are exactly right.

I blame the coaches for not having a designed offense for this team, the Bama offense reminds me of a good pickup game at a local park. I sat there last night and tried to make myself understand that at any minute the offense would begin to click, but I guess when there is no game plan for the offense, it can never click. The only chance this team has to score is in an uptempo setting and after the first half there was no effort whatsoever in trying to make that happen.

I blame the players, for not trying to make something happen to change the tempo of the game. This team cannot rebound nor can they shoot from the outside and in many cases from underneath the basket, and whose fault is that? Again it is both, the players and the coaches. The coaches are at fault for not providing and teaching the players and the players are at fault for giving very little effort on either the offensive boards or the defensive boards to generate a tempo of the game that would help the offense in some way.

I have supported CAG from his arrival at Bama, but I can't support what I've seen this season. There are teams with far less talent than what Bama has, but are playing a much better brand of basketball. Bama should be playing like a veteran team regardless of the number of seniors on the team, they returned almost all of the starters from last year's team, which is a coach's dream. If CAG's plans are to make a career at Bama, he might better step up his style of basketball that he is coaching, because the fan support is starting to get a little restless and that might not be so good, ticket sales play a major role in who the coach is or isn't. Roll Tide!!

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »

I am not surprised we lost. We have been winning but we have not been playing good basketball. The last three wins we had to overcome double digit deficents. I was surprised at now bad we played. We were slow and out of sync all game. The barn out hustled us, rebounded better and got all loose balls. Our players looked like they would rather be somewhere else last night.

I am on the fence regarding what type of coaching job CAG is doing this year. We have no offense but we are a very good defensive team. Forget last nights game and we have shown improvement during the course of the year. We are 6-3 and in the top half of the SEC. However, CAG has got to do a better job recruiting. We only have 10 scholarship players and we do not have a quality post player. Thst is CAG's fault.

I am not ready to give up on the team. We are only 2 games out of first place in the SEC. A top four finish is very possible. We have winnable games coming up. We play LSU at home Saturday night. If we put a few wins together we are back on the NCAA bubble.

Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »

I am not surprised we lost. We have been winning but we have not been playing good basketball. The last three wins we had to overcome double digit deficents. I was surprised at now bad we played. We were slow and out of sync all game. The barn out hustled us, rebounded better and got all loose balls. Our players looked like they would rather be somewhere else last night.

I am on the fence regarding what type of coaching job CAG is doing this year. We have no offense but we are a very good defensive team. Forget last nights game and we have shown improvement during the course of the year. We are 6-3 and in the top half of the SEC. However, CAG has got to do a better job recruiting. We only have 10 scholarship players and we do not have a quality post player. Thst is CAG's fault.

I am not ready to give up on the team. We are only 2 games out of first place in the SEC. A top four finish is very possible. We have winnable games coming up. We play LSU at home Saturday night. If we put a few wins together we are back on the NCAA bubble.

The way the team plays, with minutes where offense is completely lacking, is not a championship caliber team.  Athleticism and defense make this team a bubble one at best, likely to lose in the first round if picked.  The lack of any offensive strategy for scoring points is appalling.  Poor clock management is a coaching issue.  (At least Gottfried could draw up an offensive play to add points in the final seconds.) 

The team lacks the inside players to challenge opponents on both inside and outside play, making the offense one dimensional and easy to defend in non-transitional situations.  That's the bottom line for this team.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »

It has been obvious since December that we still have no half court offense. You can have Randolph, Cooper, and Lacey breaking off of picks til they are purple but it will be for nothing with Gueye (or Jacobs) camping in the lane. How many times have you seen Releford wave him out? That has to be frustrating as heck. But as I said earlier, last night was something different, in that this team was truly rattled.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »

It has been obvious since December that we still have no half court offense. You can have Randolph, Cooper, and Lacey breaking off of picks til they are purple but it will be for nothing with Gueye (or Jacobs) camping in the lane. How many times have you seen Releford wave him out? That has to be frustrating as heck. But as I said earlier, last night was something different, in that this team was truly rattled.

Further, Releford doesn't wave Gueye out to set him a pick to get loose. That ship has sailed by tipping the defender by waving. What he is doing, is pointing out to CAG, "Hey, look at this goofball!"

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6108

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »

I am ready to forget this game. I hope the players can.
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

Bring back Gottfried. He has NC State at 16-6 and just beat Duke for the second time this season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 407
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0