Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tough Decisions  (Read 6890 times)
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2005

rueben

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »

Wow...Without trying to sound overly cryptic, I have been presented with a Fantastic Opportunity, however it probably could not have come at a worse time. This happened Tuesday, and I promised an answer by Friday. I am going to probably ask if I can get an extension on answering until Sunday. (I have a few more questions to ask, and still want to pray on it some more.)

Besides: prayer, weighing the pro's and cons, and using the Magic 8 Ball, anyone else got any grand suggestions on decision making?

Dang, this is almost funny. I make true  life and death decisions often, but am having trouble with this one...

I'm thinking a bottle of rum and a good cigar may be in order.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »

Without knowing the details... actually I don't even need to know the details... it doesn't change my advice regardless of what it is about.

I would say keep praying until you have peace that you know the right answer.  Don't worry about opinions (yours or others).  Once you feel at peace with the answer just do it, even if it is not the answer you hoped for or the answer you expected.  Sometimes God puts an opportunity in front of you because he wants you to walk through that door.  Sometimes it is just a test to see if you can be distracted by the "shiny things" in life and get diverted from his will for you.  The bottom line, regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, don't answer at all until you have peace.  If you never get peace about it before the deadline, that may be the same as a no.  God has his own time table.  He is not subject to deadlines.  If it is what he wants to happen, and you are earnestly seeking his will, then it will happen regardless of the deadline.

This reminds me of something that happend many years ago.  I will purposely leave out some of the details to keep those involved anonymous.  Basically a certain church needed to raise some money for some repairs.  They decided that if God didn't provide the money by some other means, then they would just go down to the bank and take out a loan.  Their "deadline" for when they were going to go to the bank was approaching, and everyone was getting pretty nervous.  Some people believed the money would be provided and didn't want to take out the loan.  Others believed that the repairs had to be made by a certain date and didn't want to wait.  It got to the point were people were beginning to think the church might end up splitting over this issue.

Finally, just after the deadline passed and they had a controversial vote to go take out the loan, the money came in a totally unexpected way.  So, don't concern yourself about the deadline.  If God wants you to be involved, the deadline is irrelevant.  He will either give you peace about your answer before the deadline, or he will somehow cause the deadline to be extended.  Don't let the looming deadline factor into the decision at all.  Base it entirely on whether or not you have peace about the answer you are getting through prayer.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Pray

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Leewillie
Coach Xen Scott

E-Cred: 3348

Leewillie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

When in doubt...always Punt.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6109

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »

I don't know what decision you have to make but I assume this is a job offer. A word od advice: The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and money isn't everything. If it is a fantasic offer you sould not be having much trouble making the decision unless relocation is involved.

Keeping praying about it. Good luck.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5062

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

SUPERCOACH put it in a nutshell. I have never seen better advice. I hope you Blessings with your decision. God Bless.
RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »

Thanks all. I have been praying very hard and very often. I will be able to elaborate more possibly Friday, but Monday at the latest.
  I know that I can trust all of you, but there may be unregistered visitors reading. And I don't want word leaking out "the worng way."  Tinfoil Hat

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »

Sometimes it helps to put yourself on the other side of the table-- a different angle. If gold is such a great thing to own, why is this guy trying so hard to sell it to me? If this job is such a great opportunity, why is it open for even a split second? If I don't turn gay and others do, won't that leave more women for me?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »

I can only add that Sunday is Easter. If possible, try to make your decision before so you can enjoy it.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »

Sometimes it helps to put yourself on the other side of the table-- a different angle. If gold is such a great thing to own, why is this guy trying so hard to sell it to me? If this job is such a great opportunity, why is it open for even a split second? If I don't turn gay and others do, won't that leave more women for me?

In your case probably not.  Cool
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »

In your case probably not.  Cool

Laughing Laughing

Applause E-Cred to both of you.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »

hey guys, I am on duty right now, so I don't know how much time I have to explain things...but here goes.
   I have been offered a position by the Fire Marshal. It would be a Monday - Friday 9-5 type  job with one week out of four "on call." Primary Job duties will be "New Build" fire inspections, "Target Hazard"  (Day Cares, hospitals, Nursing Homes..) Buisness inspections, and fire (arson) investigations.
   There are many pro's and con's to leaving the line and taking the admin job. One of which is the fact that in 26 (+) years I have never worked a "9-5" type job. Coming off the engine will be tough to do even knowing that I will be able to be home pretty much every night. I had also just picked up a side job working with a smaller community's fire / rescue service on my days off. I won't have to give it up, but I will have to cut back on the hours, basically working every other weekend. (At least until the first weekend of Sept, when Bama kicks off!!!)
  I told the Fire Marshal this morning that I would accept the postion. And that I was honored to even be considered for it. I have also notfied my current Battalion Chief, and my engine crew.
   Wish me luck, and say a prayer please!!!

( BTW for those that might not know, I am a Capt Fire / Medic with 18 years on the job. As of right now I have my own engine crew and I am the Capt. over the Heavy Rescue Team, which is a regional SAR team.) This will be interesting, LOL!

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

Congrats, R. Good luck in your new position!  Applause E-Cred
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »

Congrats, Rueben, and good look in your new position!  I'm sure you will miss being "on the engine," but I gotta think you will grow to love the stability and resulting increased family time with the new gig.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »

Congratulations!  It sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »

Congrats and good luck.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 785
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Posts
Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[Today at 08:09:00 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by ricky023
[Today at 07:29:28 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 01:35:05 PM]

[Yesterday at 12:53:36 PM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by N.AL-Tider
[Yesterday at 09:53:59 AM]

Re: Game time for WKU vs Bama by ricky023
[Yesterday at 08:26:40 AM]

Game time for WKU vs Bama by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 08:22:02 AM]

Re: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD*** by 2Stater
[Yesterday at 07:45:02 AM]

[Yesterday at 06:08:17 AM]

Re: Who will be Alabama football's toughest opponent on 2024 schedule? Ranking all 1 by ricky023
[May 14, 2024, 05:36:08 PM]

More

* New Members
  • Dot Wsimpson174 - 30 Apr
  • Dot tzadick - 14 Nov
  • Dot debtidefan - 11 Jan
  • Dot OneOfTheIV - 30 Jul
  • Dot mepboy - 02 Dec
  • Dot Crimsonchamp22 - 19 Oct
  • Dot CoachEidson88 - 05 Sep
  • Dot Rascal - 02 Jun
  • Dot mr mako - 12 Jan